Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:01 AM

385 posts, read 1,112,728 times

Advertisements

I do not generally notice mosquitoes in the urban areas of Tampa.

One time, during late Spring, I tried to go walking in the flatwoods wilderness area out by Temple Terrace and the mosquitoes were AWFUL. However this was an area near swamps, in the woods, so it shouldn't be surprising.

I have also noticed a few more mosquitoes in Seminole Heights if I ever take a walk over to the Hillsborough River or to Lowry Park.

Okay, these points are probably obvious... areas near a swamp or slowly moving river have more mosquitioes.... but the mosquitoes are worse in some areas than others. However for most of Tampa they aren't really a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 05:58 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
We don't really have that many bugs. When we are stuck in a reverse west wind flow all summer long then there is no way LA will beat us out when it comes to humidity and insane dewpoints.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
Here in Tampa have seen only a few in 3 years

In Michigan it was so bad that when I let the dog out she'd stir up the "squitoes" and they'd follow her into the house

Old 01-31-2012, 06:45 PM

72 posts, read 131,183 times
I have learned how to mitigate mosquito problems around the house to some extent. The bugs that bother me the most are roaches.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:06 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
Thumbs down Roaches eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptunefix View Post
I have learned how to mitigate mosquito problems around the house to some extent. The bugs that bother me the most are roaches.
So agree! The first house we rented was chuck full. We did not open a box til house was sprayed throughout,including inside wall pipe system (newer home) 3 times. Took 3

We were ready to drive out of the state.

Hate em, hate em, hate em! Emphatic enough huh? Took 3 "eeks";(

The home we we reside in presently has no bug (cockroach) issue. After a heavy storm we may see a Palmetto bug in garage our on the lanai. They are always on their back acting dead. We make sure to squish and dispose promptly.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:19 AM

72 posts, read 131,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post

So agree! The first house we rented was chuck full. We did not open a box til house was sprayed throughout,including inside wall pipe system (newer home) 3 times. Took 3

We were ready to drive out of the state.

Hate em, hate em, hate em! Emphatic enough huh? Took 3 "eeks";(

The home we we reside in presently has no bug (cockroach) issue. After a heavy storm we may see a Palmetto bug in garage our on the lanai. They are always on their back acting dead. We make sure to squish and dispose promptly.
That actually sound quite horrifying to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay