Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 AM

251 posts, read 638,194 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. My fiance and I are getting married June 23. We plan to do our honeymoon in Tampa. We have decided on Busch Gardens for sure, Florida Aquarium, and probably a deep sea fishing trip.

Now we are trying to find a beach front hotel not too far away and not overly expensive. Our budget for hotel is around $1200 or less. Any ideas? We thought about Holiday Inn at Clearwater so far.

We will be driving from South Arkansas so it'll be quite a drive. Neither one of us want to fly. So does anyone have any other ideas of places to stay, things to do? I'm sure most if our time will be spent at the hotel, but we want some other fun romantic things to do as well. Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
You may want to look into St Pete Beaches Don Cesar resort hotel, never stayed there myself so no idea what the prices are but it looks like it could fit the bill..

Don CeSar Beach Hotel | St Pete Beach Hotel | Loews Hotels - Loews

Old 02-13-2012, 03:13 AM

15 posts, read 49,984 times
I was just about to suggest that! I've never been there either, just seems like a place fit for a honeymoon. Lots of old rumors about that place...
I also take it you've never been to Busch Gardens before. It should be fun for yall though if you've never been there before. Keep in mind that June = long lines, of people and of beads of sweat. IF you do go I suggest wearing a bathing suit so you can experience the whole park.

THE BEACH is an obvious place you'll want to be, though you will be traveling out of Tampa for that (hopefully). The Aquarium IS a one-of-a-kind place and is really a gem that is overlooked too often here in Tampa. Ybor City, which is our nice little downtown strip. Channelside is close to Ybor and offers an upscale atmosphere with many restaurants and bars as well as a movie theater, modern bowling alley, cool shops and some nightclubs. Howl At The Moon is a piano bar there thats fun to check out. Its HUGE.
Thats it really. At least that I can think of right now!

Old 02-13-2012, 08:05 AM

Well we went to Panama City last summer for our friends wedding and we really liked it but wanted to check out some other stuff. Mainly Busch for the animals and the aquarium..fishing and beach. We don't plan on doing many rides but have heard so many good things about the animals at Busch.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:27 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparker2005 View Post
Well we went to Panama City last summer for our friends wedding and we really liked it but wanted to check out some other stuff. Mainly Busch for the animals and the aquarium..fishing and beach. We don't plan on doing many rides but have heard so many good things about the animals at Busch.

A mere taste of the plethora of animals they have at Busch Gardens, also Dolphin shows,Elephant shows And Bird shows, and they have some passable roller coasters if you get bored of the animals .Best theme park in Fla for my money.
Busch Gardens Animals - YouTube

Old 02-13-2012, 08:52 AM

420 posts, read 860,268 times
aparker2005- congratulations on the engagement and upcoming wedding!

Last edited by Sunscape; 02-13-2012 at 02:21 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,728,775 times
I cant help I speak the truth. Tampa is not a very "romantic" area to go honeymooning in.

Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by Keeper; 02-13-2012 at 02:56 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 02:35 PM

Well for the romantic part that's why we were considering staying in Clearwater or St. Petersburg on the beach. Fun stuff for Tampa.

The only other place we thought about was Yellowstone, a cruise, or Hawaii. Cruise we decided against, Hawaii was too expensive, and Yellowstone was a backup. I'm just hoping we end up having a great time. We loved Panama City but didn't want to go to the same place.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,052,981 times
Check out Pass-a-Grille. Very quaint place with a beautiful beach. Check out a B&B there.

Pass A Grille Beach, Florida - Pass A Grille Beach Bed and Breakfast Inn, Gift Certificates, Travel, Lodging, B&B, Inn Hotel

Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 PM

7,113 posts, read 8,595,594 times
Well first off congratulations on your upcoming marriage!! Don Cesar is kind of pricey and a little stuffy for a young couple (IMHO)...I would stick to the Clearwater Beach area...plenty of water activities from pirate ship to para sailing...hotels run anywhere from expensive to reasonable,it just depends on what your expectations are! Have you checked out vacation rentals by owners?...sometimes you can get a better deal that way...but resrve soon because that's near peak summer rental time!Also Sand Key has many condos on beach and is right next to CWB!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay