Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,873 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I just find out that I'm pregnant and its my first time, I'm looking for a obgyn and I was wondering if someone can recommend a good one in Tampa, I'm in the town & country area. I already went to my first check but didn't like the office that much, there is too many doctors (8) and they rotate you so you see a different one each time, for some reason that doesn't sound appealing to me. I wasn't able to ask questions and I feel they rushed me. As a first time mother I would like to find a competent and caring Dorctor. So if you have any recommendation I would appreciate it so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:59 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,553,733 times
Depending on your health ins. you also have to consider who is in and who is out of your network in case you have health care ins.

Bleue Cross Blue Shield informed us that a lot of womans care facilities will no longer be covered with them unless they reach a new agreement so as of March 1st a lot of people may have to find a new OB/Gyn to get the same payment coverage...

That may make it harder to suggest any one at this moment....unless you don't care to pay more.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:03 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,067,479 times
I recommend Dr. Eli Rose. He is a great doctor and very caring. His office is on Hanley near Hillsborough

Dr. Eli Rose, MD - Obstetrician & Gynecologist - Tampa, FL - Obstetrics & Gynecology

Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 PM

10 posts, read 23,528 times
Dr. Amy Solomon delivered my daughter and she was terrific. They have I think 6 doctors and you do rotate at the end, but its nice to not have a stranger come in since whomever is on call is who will be the one that delivers the baby. The whole office was super nice, professional and they are in St. Joe's women's hospital which is a great place to deliver.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:35 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,731,320 times
Have you considered a midwife? I used Labor of Love, in Lutz, and the place is amazing. I saw an OBGYN for the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy and then transferred to the midwife and it was like night and day (and my obgyn was awesome to begin with, but he was in Nebraska). LoL has amazing midwives and if i got pregnant again, i'd go in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: