U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 AM

31 posts, read 130,147 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if they liked living at Post Bay and/or Post Point Apts at Rocky Point? It looks beautiful and is right on the water. However, it seems there are a lot of negative reviews online about management and lots of bugs in the apt etc..., and very few positive reviews. I was wondering if was just a small group of people that felt that way or if that really is the situation there?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,438,061 times
I know nothing at all these two apartment complexes, but I have noticed that in general online apartment reviews look fake. Just one example of many: An apartment complex around the corner from my house has complaints about armed robbery and murder. The complex is gated and my neighborhood association (which is VERY active) has never posted any incidents about violent crime.

Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM

272 posts, read 520,594 times
I lived in a Post apartment complex off of 4th many years ago (almost 20.) At the time I thought they were nice, safe and conveniently located. Some of the build quality seemed poor however, even at 22 I could see that. I drive by the Rocky Point complex often...great location I think.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM

362 posts, read 701,149 times
I know quite a few people that live there and they all seem to love it. Great location. Your walking distance to Bahama Breeze and Crabby Bills. They also have a lot of pool parties. Its a very safe area.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:40 AM

3,378 posts, read 7,893,548 times
I work on Rocky Point. They seem like nice places. My only complaint would be that there are not any grocery stores or Gas Stations nearby. If I want to go out for a quick lunch I either eat in the Cafe in my building or have to drive a ways.

Other than that - great location.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:04 PM

31 posts, read 130,147 times
Thanks for all your responses. I was worried at first because on apartmentratings.com it has all these bad ratings for Post Bay and Post Rocky Point due to terrible management and roaches and earwigs all over the apartments. They look so nice, in a great location, and a little pricey so I thought "there is no way they are that bad" so I wanted to ask on here to see if that could be true.

How long would the commute be from Post Rocky Point to Tampa Palms if I take I-4 to I-75?

Old 03-09-2012, 08:22 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,948,146 times
some of the locals i've talked to over there complain about the bugs and the trash removal service missing pickups, although for the latter that might no longer be an issue as this was over a year ago so maybe they've since corrected the problem. bugs, however, are a fact of life in florida. the fact remains that rocky point is one of the prettier and safer areas in tampa. my wife and i would have loved to rent a place over there if we found one that suited our needs.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:31 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,676,732 times
almost all ratings on apartment sites are bad. My wife is a manager of an apartment complex and the reviews are comical. People complaining of things that either didnt happen or the office staff was never made aware of, people not following rules or not paying their bills and then claiming all kinds of things online. Honestly, there garbage to go by unfortunately.
I have worked in there several times, they seem pretty decent, most people tend to not have any complains about them either.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,886 times
I know some people write fake posts, but there is some truth to it. People complain because they endure a negative experience and thank God that they write something about it. I never complain or even write in forums to complain, because I dont want to decrease business for anyone. But here is the plain truth about Rocky Point Tampa. The place is pretty and location is awesome, however the management is RUDE RUDE RUDE. They are tactless and I got so hurt that I just wished I could buy the property and fire them all. Dont get me wrong, the maintenance folks are the sweetest, but Management and the leasing folks are only nice to you the day you are signing, after that, FORGET IT. I have travelled the world and lived all over the place and I have never been treated in such an impolite and ungraceful attitude. I am a very polite and proper person, I do not deserve such treatment.

ROACHES? You guys have no idea how many a day and the size of each roach I get. HOw about the LIZARDS? Here is the thing. People write because they are angry. but this does not make them liars. I swear I am moving next year. It is not true that roaches come with the FL climate, I asked and checked with my coworkers and other tenants in other complexes.

I hope one day, someone will sue their management so that CORP will train them on how to treat residents. Such people should never work in customer service. Shame on people who behave in such rude ways. I hope people will have the common sense to avoid Rocky point. P.s. I am no liar.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:51 PM

662 posts, read 941,901 times
Don't know about living there, but I do have a story about that place.
Had a dumpster fire by one of the entrance/exits. While fighting the fire, residents were walking up and throwing more trash in the dumpster. Had a couple of people run over the hose as well.

After 22 yrs this is the only time I have seen people throw trash in a burning dumpster. Running over hose happens only once in awhile.
Anyway, not sure that my story has any bearing to the topic, just throwing it out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay