Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I wonder if Springhill will turn into another West Pasco over time?
I really hope not, but from the way things are going it seems like it will. I think anytime an area begins having the majority of their inventory of homes for sale around the 50K bracket, it is going to attract investors who seek to buy and then rent the homes out or people in a lower income bracket. In our area, we've seen a huge change in the type of people moving in. Honestly, if we came to Spring Hill today to determine whether or not we'd want to live here, I wouldn't even consider it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 07:41 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
I really hope not, but from the way things are going it seems like it will. I think anytime an area begins having the majority of their inventory of homes for sale around the 50K bracket, it is going to attract investors who seek to buy and then rent the homes out or people in a lower income bracket. In our area, we've seen a huge change in the type of people moving in. Honestly, if we came to Spring Hill today to determine whether or not we'd want to live here, I wouldn't even consider it.
This is what happened to west Pasco. Now the area is full of low class, drug dealing trash.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,247,070 times
Its already jumped County Line Road in certain areas,

Old 03-23-2012, 03:09 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
With all these drug dealers I see talked about, Pasco must be a drug sales mecca.

So many dealers, must be way more buyers.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
With all these drug dealers I see talked about, Pasco must be a drug sales mecca.

So many dealers, must be way more buyers.
It was really bad in Westport. The same homes would get rented out over and over year after year. Just do a search on the Pasco sheriff site under subdivsion activity and look up Westport. Three full pages of crimes for one month. This is just a tiny area of West Pasco.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
It was really bad in Westport. The same homes would get rented out over and over year after year. Just do a search on the Pasco sheriff site under subdivsion activity and look up Westport. Three full pages of crimes for one month. This is just a tiny area of West Pasco.
Exactly the point many have tried to make to you in the past.
It is just a tiny area and is not indicative of the whole of West Pasco.
This is a thread about Spring Hill though.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:50 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
CHASLS2 you seem to be down on SpringHill and definitely Pasco county.Obviously you must live in a very nice place without all the supposed problems of SpringHill etc, for a heads up to Florida bound transplants looking for a nice safe crime free area where is it you live?

Old 03-24-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
CHASLS2 you seem to be down on SpringHill and definitely Pasco county.Obviously you must live in a very nice place without all the supposed problems of SpringHill etc, for a heads up to Florida bound transplants looking for a nice safe crime free area where is it you live?
I always liked Springhill. I think it's heaven compared to Port Richey. Springhill was built kinda like PortRichey in mind, older people getting out of work, just a good 10 to 12 years later. Just gotta wonder when all the older people are gone, will end it up like parts of west Pasco and turn into all rented homes.

I was born and lived in Danashores for 41 years until i got the crazy idea to flip homes in west Pasco in 2004 and i lived in west Pasco for 7 years and just saw how trashy people can really be. Never saw so many bums, crimes, drugs and what all else i saw when i was in the back of Westport.

I bought my old house back in Danashores.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Exactly the point many have tried to make to you in the past.
It is just a tiny area and is not indicative of the whole of West Pasco.
This is a thread about Spring Hill though.
True, but add in Holiday, all the areas just east of US19 east of Westport and it's all just as bad.

I have nothing bad to say about Springhill, just gotta wonder if it will end up like PARTS of west Pasco did.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
I was born and lived in Danashores for 41 years until i got the crazy idea to flip homes in west Pasco in 2004 and i lived in west Pasco for 7 years and just saw how trashy people can really be. Never saw so many bums, crimes, drugs and what all else i saw when i was in the back of Westport.

I bought my old house back in Danashores.
Dana Shores is a beautiful area. I used to live in Pelican Island, just a minute or two from there. In fact, my sisters and I used to ride our bikes right alongside the sidewalk of Dana Shores to get to the ball park down the street!
What a small world.

If any of you are familiar with the areas we come from, you would understand why we feel out of place in Spring Hill. I was pretty spoiled growing up, so I am looking at things through a different lens than many of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay