U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:11 AM
 
8,536 posts, read 5,300,873 times
Reputation: 3551

Advertisements

I am afraid you are incorrect. That is a myth.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You can't get NYC pizza in Florida...because of the water...you can have a pie with great sauce,cheese and spices...but the crust will never be the same!!The same goes for bagels.It doesn't mean you can't get good bagels and pizza here it's just not NYC pizza!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 AM
 
8,536 posts, read 5,300,873 times
Reputation: 3551
I picked an intersection at random. If you'd like to dig up a down trodden area, please post it.


\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
East Linden is probablly one of the better kept areas.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
 
8,536 posts, read 5,300,873 times
Reputation: 3551
A lot of things, a lot of places have changed over the past 15 years.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
It's the norm now compared to what it was. 15 years ago the area was really nice.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM
 
1,080 posts, read 3,089,702 times
Reputation: 568
Just to add a comment Hernando Cty umemployment is UP 12.8 whereas the state employment is 9.6, stats were released today.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
 
8,536 posts, read 5,300,873 times
Reputation: 3551
Of course it is. With the increased population and the fact that the county is agricultural/rural, it makes a lot of folks who live in Hernando County unemployed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Just to add a comment Hernando Cty umemployment is UP 12.8 whereas the state employment is 9.6, stats were released today.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 09:01 PM
 
Location: tampa bay
4,624 posts, read 2,857,559 times
Reputation: 5790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I am afraid you are incorrect. That is a myth.
The longer you live outside NYC the lower your standards for pizza and bagels become...however just a taste of authentic New York pizza or bagels and you realize the difference!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
 
8,536 posts, read 5,300,873 times
Reputation: 3551
Maybe so, but I am in NYC at least once a year. I behoove you to try Mario's in Spring Hill and you tell me if it meets NYC standards.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The longer you live outside NYC the lower your standards for pizza and bagels become...however just a taste of authentic New York pizza or bagels and you realize the difference!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 AM
 
20,334 posts, read 16,609,173 times
Reputation: 14432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Maybe so, but I am in NYC at least once a year. I behoove you to try Mario's in Spring Hill and you tell me if it meets NYC standards.
I concur,I've been to Mario's and its great pizza unfortunately i i've never had a pizza in NYC so i have nothing to compare it to but i cant imagine a couple of guys from NYC would put out a product that didnt meet the standards for NYC pizza, plus all the NYers in the area love the place and you wont be telling them that its not NY Pizza. Irishiis49 i suppose if the criteria is you cant have NY pizza unless you are physically in NY then i guess your idea of pizza is more about the NY ambiance than it is about the pizza and you'll never have a NY pizza unless you are there.
TRy Mario's and get back to us...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 06:20 AM
 
5,507 posts, read 5,697,327 times
Reputation: 2225
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I concur,I've been to Mario's and its great pizza unfortunately i i've never had a pizza in NYC so i have nothing to compare it to but i cant imagine a couple of guys from NYC would put out a product that didnt meet the standards for NYC pizza, plus all the NYers in the area love the place and you wont be telling them that its not NY Pizza. Irishiis49 i suppose if the criteria is you cant have NY pizza unless you are physically in NY then i guess your idea of pizza is more about the NY ambiance than it is about the pizza and you'll never have a NY pizza unless you are there.
TRy Mario's and get back to us...
There is bad pizza in NY as well. It's not hard to find places in FL that have average pizza made by people from NY.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
 
8,536 posts, read 5,300,873 times
Reputation: 3551
I agree with that. That is why certain places stand out over their competition.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
There is bad pizza in NY as well. It's not hard to find places in FL that have average pizza made by people from NY.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top