Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 PM

22 posts, read 45,337 times

Advertisements

Just trying to get some feedback for a business idea I had that I wanted to start in Tampa Bay. It would be a check-in similar to Foursquare, but for sports fans. Im a huge Tampa Bay sports fan and I always wanted some way to reward my fellow sports fans. So the basic premise is that users would check-in at different sports places (sports bars, arenas, sports stores) and receive some kind of deal or discount when they checked-in.

Merchants would have a variety of different options for creating a deal (i.e sports bars could create real-time deals, multiple deals, etc). Basically we want to set-up a platform that allows merchants and customers to connect and that rewards them for not only being loyal customers, but loyal fans of their favorite sports teams.

Any suggestions, concerns, ideas? Welcome all comments and criticism. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 04:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Avid all sports fan here myself (Bucs season ticket holder, Bolts, Rays, PGA, NASCAR, Maigic, etc etc etc) -- but not a sportsbar kind of guy. The places I do go to (Linksters Tap, Buffalo Wild Wings) have their own facebook pages where they tell you about their "deals". A Foursquare type app for local sportsbars isn't something that I'd actively use unless they were providing something at remarkable discount or free. I don't typically roam around looking for deals - Tampa/STP/CLW isn't that sort of town like Metro areas up north.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,283,237 times
I am a sports bar kind of guy, but the one issue with the Tampa Bay area is that it is so incredibly spread out. It's not like I live in Chicago and I am thinking of a bar in Lincoln Park vs. Old Town vs. Wrigleyville, all three of which are within a three mile radius.

There are dozens of Living Social and Groupon deals every year for sports bars, and it's tough to justify even a $15-for-$30 discount when you have to an hour roundtrip drive to enjoy it.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
I am a sports bar kind of guy, but the one issue with the Tampa Bay area is that it is so incredibly spread out. It's not like I live in Chicago and I am thinking of a bar in Lincoln Park vs. Old Town vs. Wrigleyville, all three of which are within a three mile radius.

There are dozens of Living Social and Groupon deals every year for sports bars, and it's tough to justify even a $15-for-$30 discount when you have to an hour roundtrip drive to enjoy it.

I guess lucky for me. There are several sports bars within a 3 mile radius of me.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post

agree - and once I'm situated at one place, I usually hang out there until whatever game I'm watching is completed, then head home. I can see in cities like Chitown, people roam around from place to place.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 PM

Thanks for all the feedback

Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM

Aside from sports bars or other stores, are there any features in a mobile app that you would use in regards to local or national sports?

Old 03-17-2012, 02:09 PM

Not really - already have Fox Sports and ESPN as my apps. Not sure if you'd be able to improve on what they do.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:36 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,434 times
Anything that would include all Buffalo,NY based sports would get my attention.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:36 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Anything that would include all Buffalo,NY based sports would get my attention.
Get the WGR550 app ... works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay