U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-26-2012, 12:55 PM

26 posts, read 30,056 times
Default Moving to Trinity/Westchase/Palm Harbour??

We are a family from CT looking to relocate to the following areas: Trinity/Westchase/Palm Harbour. My husband's office is in Palm Harbour and commuting right now back and forth from CT. We have 1 girl in 3rd grade and 1 boy in 10th grade. I've been researching on here and greatschools.net. I would love some general information about the area if you would move to any of these areas again would you? We are looking for family friendly, safe, well-kept areas. Public or Private Schooling is avail. to us and we are open to all suggestions. We are currently in Public Schooling here in CT and would love to remain that way, some comments tell me otherwise down in FL. My husband will travel sometimes to office and most of time, work from home. I am trying to find a great place to raise a family and find friendly families as well. Our daughter plays Lacrosse, takes Gymnastics and loves to swim. Our son is much more into the Arts and Theater. I welcome any and all comments.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 01:19 PM

1,164 posts, read 1,067,590 times
You're in luck. Tampa Bay still has some good public schools in neighborhoods that aren't exorbitantly expensive. Plant High in South Tampa and Palm Harbor University High have excellent reputations, but there are many others that are good. If your husband works in Palm Harbor, then your choice is simple.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:11 AM

Thank you for your input! My husband loves it down there and spends about 2 weeks a month. It's getting me to agree to make the "big move". I don't want to make any mistakes

Old 03-28-2012, 03:20 PM

13,545 posts, read 22,431,371 times
Tampa has a great performing arts center. I believe they also have summer program for teens. They have several broadway shows a year.

I think you will like Palm Harbor. It is a great area and you are fairly close to the beach. I wouldn't go with Trinity as it is pretty far out, Westchase is nice but many of the houses have very small yards. Westchase does have a nice community pool and they teach swimming.

Post link not copyrighted material

Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM

83 posts, read 87,741 times
The schools in Palm Harbour are excellent. My father lives in Lansbrook and it is a GREAT community! It would be perfect for a family. Congratulations on your move!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,634 times
Hi! We're a family of four that will be moving from NC in mid-June. We're exploring these same areas, Palm Harbor, Westchase, Oldsmar. We also really liked Safety Harbor, but didn't find much in housing that we liked there. I noticed your daughter was in gymnastics - have you done any research into gyms? Our younger son is 7 and would be moving up to competitive team level this summer, so I need to find a good gym for him to transition to. I've looked at Victory Gymnastics in Oldsmar, and La Fleur, but it's further away. Please let me know if you've heard anything about these - good, bad or ugly!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 PM

Thank you for all the responses!!
ShelNC: We moved from NC to CT 5yrs ago and have missed it ever since. My husband's Co. won't allow NC right now but, FL.. So, we may give it a try. I haven't researched any Gym's yet. I'm hoping to find FL alot like NC. We miss the people, kids, family values. Here in CT the kids are just mean! my son coming here in 5th grade has had it hard, because he wasn't "born and raised in this town" my daughter hasn't had that issue because she did start her first years here. It's so sad and distrubing. Do you have any input on these thoughts? I'm scared about this.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:47 PM

So along with Palm Harbor, Westchase, Trinity, I've also been directed to Lutz! looking at the grades on: greatschools.net, Lutz seems really great. Any input??

Old 04-25-2012, 03:56 PM

9 posts, read 8,791 times
I noticed that there is a gymnastics place right outside of FoxWood @Trinity. We were doing some pretty intense online investigating, calling friends down there, etc. and nothing bad could be said of the place. We put an offer on a house there last night, let's see what happens (fingers crossed!).

Old 04-25-2012, 06:13 PM

Congrats vindaviper!!!! let me know how it works out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay