U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,700,767 times

Advertisements

CC> hit on the name of the person at her posting. The second pull down alternative is send a private message.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:15 PM

51 posts, read 46,488 times
Thank you...

To algia, not able to pm you though, says you only accept from friends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 PM

5,453 posts, read 4,042,456 times
What? now I have to go look in my settings...LOL
Try again...all though "enable private messaging" was checked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccplacez View Post
Thank you...

To algia, not able to pm you though, says you only accept from friends

Old 05-06-2012, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 738 times
Well, Buchanan Middle School is an awful middle school, my older daughter had to be taken out for bullying and other reasons also, so Buchanan Middle School is not the right school, the area has alot of business as it seems, me and my family have recently moved here, There are very nice area's too.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 PM

703 posts, read 887,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I tried to PM you, but it won't let me......

Yes your impression is correct. They are nice by comparison.
Calusa Trace is great.

Schools are very nice up there. The HS is brand new.

We're in PA, but looking to come back.

I miss the tour...Grrr
Wow, you're moving back to Tampa? I thought this was the worst place to live and you couldn't wait to get away?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:00 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,726,112 times
We are just North of Lutz and my youngest goes to Sun Lake. She enjoys the school but wish we would have moved to an area with the NJROTC program. Thinking about sending her to a different district next year since that seems to be very important to her.
We looked at the school website when moving here and it seemed to have what we wanted. The AP classes, swim team, and drama club ... just not JROTC.
I've lost a lot of faith in the 'Best Schools' websites over the years. Seems the people that post negative comments far out weigh the positive comments. Seems that disgruntled people like to bash a little more than someone that is happy ... imagine that??

Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewabby View Post
Wow, you're moving back to Tampa? I thought this was the worst place to live and you couldn't wait to get away?
What does this mean?

Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
We are just North of Lutz and my youngest goes to Sun Lake. She enjoys the school but wish we would have moved to an area with the NJROTC program. Thinking about sending her to a different district next year since that seems to be very important to her.
We looked at the school website when moving here and it seemed to have what we wanted. The AP classes, swim team, and drama club ... just not JROTC.
I've lost a lot of faith in the 'Best Schools' websites over the years. Seems the people that post negative comments far out weigh the positive comments. Seems that disgruntled people like to bash a little more than someone that is happy ... imagine that??
Yes! I get that idea that people mostly have time to complain rather than compliment, but I still don't mind reading the different opinions.

So do you like the Lutz area?
How do you feel re: your daughter's education?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:47 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,726,112 times
I love it where I am at in Land O Lakes. The areas are about the same to me. Lutz extends right up to the South side of HWY 54, Land O Lakes is on the North side.

As far as schools go. My daughter was a 'military brat'. She's a good girl, but we have moved way more than I would have liked. She had so may different schools. She had the Mississippi, Georgia, Department of Defense (in Japan), Virginia, and now Florida schools since 2005!

She has handled the adjustment well, the education is fine as she is getting all A's and B's and seems to be challenged. She doesn't come home and say 'I did the same thing 2 years ago', so that is a good thing. She is in the Drama club, on the Tennis and Swim teams, and seems to like it. Hard part at moving at the age of 15-16 is so many kids already have thier 'friends'. So that part has been the most difficult. But she has met a lot of people throughout the year.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:23 AM

Alot of adjusting...

Sounds like you have a good kid just going with the flow...

Thanks for the positive take. It is my husband that ways to relocate so I just don't want to make any premature decisions. My biggest worries are for my kiddies. I know that kids are flexible and resilient, but I still feel bad. I also know in the end whereever we go they go, but still... Don't want their school years to be a bad memory/time for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay