Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:24 PM

96 posts, read 456,603 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's just an age thing but I can't seem to find any restaurants that:
#1 offer a quiet atmosphere
#2 have good food
#3 don't cost a fortune.

Do any of you have any good places to recommend?

The noise levels at most restaurants are getting so bad that I am looking forward to poor hearing!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2006, 03:43 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,557,991 times
I don't know if Shepard's is quiet or not, but I hear it's great.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:05 PM

I did a search for it but no luck. Can you tell me a bit more? Thanks

Old 09-19-2006, 04:20 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,121,620 times
all the really good restaurants have noise because they're loaded with people.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:03 PM

598 posts, read 2,260,601 times
The Hurricane on St. Pete beach is great. The dining room (Stormy's) is upstairs and has a really nice small outside deck (the upstairs one) overlooking the water. This is THE place I love to go to for my birthday cheesecake We have gone there for holiday dinners as well and the food has always been awesome. Check out the virtual tour section and click the tour that's labeled "stormy's"... this is the deck I mean Oh and their prices are on the website too.

http://www.thehurricane.com/

Old 09-20-2006, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summergal View Post
The Hurricane on St. Pete beach is great. The dining room (Stormy's) is upstairs and has a really nice small outside deck (the upstairs one) overlooking the water. This is THE place I love to go to for my birthday cheesecake We have gone there for holiday dinners as well and the food has always been awesome. Check out the virtual tour section and click the tour that's labeled "stormy's"... this is the deck I mean Oh and their prices are on the website too.

http://www.thehurricane.com/

Thanks, Summergal. I have been there and agree their food is great and prices are reasonable.

I am looking for something in Tampa. I've tried many many places in Tampa including Berns, Oystercatchers (fabulous), and Ruths, all quite pricey. I have noticed the niose level is bad in the "popular" chain type places, as one post suggested, due to the numbers of people there. But I've noticed that where floor, wall and seating surfaces are covered with fabric (higher maintenance), the noise level drops dramatically. I guess I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. I was hoping more people who read these posts would have found some quiet places with good food.

Has anyone tried Splash on N. Dale Mabry?

Thanks for your reply. It's worth going back to St Pete beach even if it is an hour drive from my location.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:15 PM

I think Shepard's is on Clearwater Beach. I am not sure though

Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 AM

34 posts, read 34,711 times
Shephard's is on Clearwater Beach. With everything else being ripped down on CB, Shephard's will soon be the only form of entertainment left. I used to love coming here...until the prices quadrupled! They play Tiki music at their bar during the day and they play gangsta rap music on the weekends. They have a club inside for live band music and then they have a club called THE WAVE for rap music.

The restaurant area is what they are talking about which is a GREAT tasting buffet that the prices keep rising on. I love going to Shephard's, they have a bikini contest every Sunday, but these prices are getting to the insane line.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:43 PM

We have never been there but heard it was nice.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM

65 posts, read 219,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
We have never been there but heard it was nice.
wet t shirt contest freestyle rap contest and drunks in boats the coast gaur dand sherrifs sit across the way and bust drunk boaters leaving there all day, good thing cause there is a nasty chop under the bribge in rough weather and people boat anyhow in the intercoastal during small craft adviseries and ive seen some close calls, know of one man got ran over by his own boat sued a charter captain i know because he didn't do enough to help him.he saved this mans life ,stopped his bleeding called paramedics took him ashore paramedics.what else was he to do other than not get involved.
yesterday-
Tv news showed angry mob and one man with foreign accent in front of city council say "I don't want to pay Fifteen thousand dollars a year in taxes for no stinkin condo." Just another out of state certified sucker that is a victim of new state tax laws .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay