U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-06-2012, 07:14 PM

3 posts, read 1,318 times
Default Help! Need Safe Apt by Aug 1, ST Pete area close to USFSP or Eckerd

My daughter has been accepted at both colleges. She toured Eckerd today and loved it. Touring USFSP tomorrow. They ate lunch by USFSP today and loved the area. Apt needs to be close, within a few blocks of one of these. She'll know tomorrow where she wants to go.

I have Thursday and Friday for them to look at apts.

It will be just me and my daughters

What I am looking for:
Prefer 3 bedroom but would take 2 apt
must have at least 2 bathrooms
I have to be able to have my little chihuahua
I want a place we can walk the dog and it be safe
My younger daughter wants to work and we need area safe for her to walk alone
would be great to have a library close and bus stop close

I receive section 8 due to a back disability. I've had back surgery and have to have another one. Seems that people down there judge section 8 people harshly.

In our city. section 8 apts are nice and half the city gets section 8. It's hard times here no jobs.

Can anyone help us. I cannot afford to go down there myself and check out apts, it's simply not an option.

I need a list of safe lower income apts to live.

Any areas or apartments to avoid?

Please help!!! Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:48 PM

17 posts, read 18,273 times
Hmm.. well section 8 you are going to be limited, but I am sure if you contact the Housing Department in St. Pete, they can better help you. (www.stpete.org/housing)
My suggestion would be to stay away from Citrus Grove Apartments. That is section 8 housing but has the highest amount of crime and is in a very dangerous area. I don't know much else about it other than it is an area to stay far away from.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:52 PM

3 posts, read 1,318 times
that's Abba5 i will mark that as a no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay