Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,484,183 times

Advertisements

Safety harbor would be a tad longer than 30 minutes.
However, you have the option of taking the Courtney C. Bridge across the bay (Hwy 60) or going across the top of the bay on Hillsborough Ave.
Going the bridge you might be able to make it in 30. Hillsborough will be much longer due to the traffic lights. Safety Harbor is a real nice area with a lot of local feel to it. There are a few subdivisions there, but not as many as other areas.

Nav
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 9,236 times
I like Brandon. I live off of SR 60 and Lakewood and I work downtown. I can leave at between 7:10 and 7:15 and make it to work in the Sykes Bldg. by 7:30. I just have to beat the school bus that runs on Lakewood at that time. The reversible lanes on the crosstown are great and well worth the $1.50. And since I work 9 hour days Mon-Thurs. and a half day on Friday I can just take I-4 to I -75 home in the evenings and avoid most of the traffic and the $1.50 toll.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM

1,404 posts, read 5,677,486 times
I live in Brandon and like it. The homes are a lot nicer in Riverview, lots of new communities. Everything you need is here and not too far from Tampa.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:54 PM

1 posts, read 7,669 times
Safety Harbor is where I want to live. I moved down here about a year ago, and I have one kid. That area has an incredibly unique feel to it. The most beautiful trees you can imagine. Cool downtown area. Just quaint as can be. It's hard with the economy and foreclosures, the Pinellas Co. area seems to be doing fairly poorly. Schools closing all over the place. That said, I don't regret my move down here in the least. I moved from Nashville, TN. I currently live on the water in Apollo Beach, and I definitely don't recommend this area to anyone. It's been nice living in a vacation condo through the transition, but this place stinks - literally!

I think where you're happy is certainly influenced by what makes you happy. Going to the beach, taking the sailboat out are the greatest activities for my little brood, so we're stupidly happy here.

Best of Luck in your search.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:09 PM

Location: temporarily corporate housing in washington d.c area, but a los angeles resident.
19 posts, read 118,946 times
Last year, I spent ALOT of time trying to find a place that my hubby and I would like to settle...we ended up on the eastern side of Bradenton...and are very happy here. Great schools, 20min to the beach, 20min to downtown Sarasota, 30min to St. Pete, 45min to Tampa. Lots of new building and new shopping. It works for us =)

Old 11-29-2008, 04:08 PM

5 posts, read 18,417 times
Default Moving to tampa or valrico area

Hi, i am planning to move to fl soon. I have read that valrico is one of the best places to raise a family. How about this place?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:36 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,946,607 times
hi please dont move to floridaas we are leaving florida for good . Houses and property taxes are just too high . also dont move here if you have kids the schools are junky and if the kids go to school with a stain on their clothes the hrs ppl will investigate you . I know it happened to my sister and they lived in one of the best neighborhoods in tampa . The state will try everything they can to put your kids into foster care . Florida is the armpit of the united states and I will never move back here I am leaving next week for ky and am glad to be going . Hurricanes are causing this state to go downhill quick . do yourself a favor and stay where you are at or believe me you will regret moving to florida god knows I did .

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM

24 posts, read 91,473 times
Valrico is a great place to live.
Good schools, etc.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:13 PM

24 posts, read 91,473 times
Good luck with your quick move to KY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
hi please dont move to floridaas we are leaving florida for good . Houses and property taxes are just too high . also dont move here if you have kids the schools are junky and if the kids go to school with a stain on their clothes the hrs ppl will investigate you . I know it happened to my sister and they lived in one of the best neighborhoods in tampa . The state will try everything they can to put your kids into foster care . Florida is the armpit of the united states and I will never move back here I am leaving next week for ky and am glad to be going . Hurricanes are causing this state to go downhill quick . do yourself a favor and stay where you are at or believe me you will regret moving to florida god knows I did .

Old 12-04-2008, 08:10 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,044,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotty View Post
Hi, i am planning to move to fl soon. I have read that valrico is one of the best places to raise a family. How about this place?
Valrico is a good area. Do you know where in Tampa you will be working? You might want to take commute time into consideration when choosing a place to live.

Are you looking to buy or rent?
What is your budget for housing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay