Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 05:41 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
BucFan...where was that alligator? and which CircleK is that? WOW....Was that a sink hole?
This car submerged on Belcher Road at 142nd in Largo. Pics were posted on BayNews9 Facebook/Twitter earlier today. Not sure where the gator was seen crossing the crosswalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Ape s### crazy in Citrus . Women with roof blown off is hurt and EMS can't get to her. Female inmate in County Jail is about to deliver and can't get ride to hospital.
and this is just a tropical storm....Lord Help Us -if the TB area ever gets a direct hit hurricane.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:22 AM

126 posts, read 218,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Mike, I just watched a video on 10 News posted at 7am and they have only one model that's predicting a jog to the east. We know anything can happen though. Weather | Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Sarasota | WTSP.com 10 News

I hope Lilacmama found a place and that she posts back with her story. I was out showing houses yesterday and I got soaked. Drivers were still doing their crazy stunts, too. When I saw a Honda Civic hydroplaning, I slowed down and paid closer attention, but the wet highways didn't phase most drivers.
We arrived the day before the storm hit so the flight was easy. Looked at the house my husband found and it was a no-go. The back add on carpeted room smelled like mold and the carpet was wet. I looked at it Saturday so I imagine today there is standing water in that room.

We haven't gone out yet to look at houses. Yesterday it rained so much so I am hoping today or tomorrow we can at least get out to see a few. I inquired about some in Apollo Beach and now I am wondering if I should look inland. . I'll be here through Saturday so crossing fingers this storm lets up a bit and we can find a house!

Old 06-25-2012, 06:47 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmama View Post
We arrived the day before the storm hit so the flight was easy. Looked at the house my husband found and it was a no-go. The back add on carpeted room smelled like mold and the carpet was wet. I looked at it Saturday so I imagine today there is standing water in that room.

We haven't gone out yet to look at houses. Yesterday it rained so much so I am hoping today or tomorrow we can at least get out to see a few. I inquired about some in Apollo Beach and now I am wondering if I should look inland. . I'll be here through Saturday so crossing fingers this storm lets up a bit and we can find a house!

Now aren't you glad you didn't rent that place sight unseen? Yeah - one thing is for sure... at least you'll have an idea what will happen to the place you are at in the event of a weather event. LOL

Old 06-25-2012, 07:21 AM

126 posts, read 218,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Now aren't you glad you didn't rent that place sight unseen? Yeah - one thing is for sure... at least you'll have an idea what will happen to the place you are at in the event of a weather event. LOL
Agreed! Maybe this is perfect house hunting weather!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,153 times
Looks like we are actually inside of the feeder bands to miss the majority of todays rain!

The website spaghetti models dot com has some great information if you have an interest in weather.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 AM

my neighbor just told me she just saw a water spout over our street and found nine catfish on the roadway.....she put them back in a nearby lake/pond.....flying catfish? Has the day of the apocalypse arrived?

Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
my neighbor just told me she just saw a water spout over our street and found nine catfish on the roadway.....she put them back in a nearby lake/pond.....flying catfish? Has the day of the apocalypse arrived?
Probably not the end of the world yet. I've heard of fish being thrown pretty far inland when waterspouts pick them up.

I am super happy to be getting a break this morning. I hope it lasts.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
I accidentally drained my pool too low. I could use more water to fill it up where it needs to be. 4 inches would be good.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,138,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I accidentally drained my pool too low. I could use more water to fill it up where it needs to be. 4 inches would be good.
Go grab that alligator and throw him in there. You may gain an inch or so that way.....water displacement ,you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay