Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Hudson sinkhole has neighbors on edge

HUDSON --
Crews were back at the scene of a Pasco County sinkhole Thursday, trying to determine what caused the huge hole to swallow the back of a home.

According to Bay News 9's partner newspaper the Tampa Bay Times, 79-year-old homeowner Susan Minutillo went to run an errand Wednesday afternoon while a survey crew was checking her Hudson home for sinkholes.

When she returned 45 minutes later, the back of her home was collapsed in a sinkhole 40 feet wide and 20 feet deep. A bright orange sticker on the garage now reads "condemned."

Minutillo said she doesn't know what she will do now. She was too upset to talk on camera Thursday.

Meanwhile, crews are using ground penetrating radar to try to figure out what happened underneath the home in the 14000 block of Shoal Drive.
---------------------------------------------

Click on the link to read the entire story!

Very sad for all home owners in this community. So many homes with sinkholes and a friend of mine lives there and also is the victim of a sinkhole home but not like this one. My friend got her home paid off by the insurance and they had the hosue stabalized but for the rest only repaired the major things like new windows and closing the cap between the ceilings and the roof area.

The homes over there are hard to sell and I just noticed that 87 wannabee sellers are anxious to sell and some still believe they can over price their house...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 04:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Just saw a WFLA Ch 8 story on the problem. Can't believe that there are buyers who actually buy those homes knowing of the sink hole history.

Bad luck for those who bought without knowing about sinkhole activity and those that didn't have sinkhole insurance.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:09 PM

Some investors will buy if they are dirt cheap and rent them out BUT not for the asking priced many home owners still hope to get...

I understand it is hard to let go of the dream of living in a nice neighborhood and getting that bubble busted but many probably will walk away to stay safe because who wants to go to bed and being scared of getting their house pulled in a sinkhole...

BUT I don't think any investor right now will take a risk of renting a place out overthere and getting sued later on because this is not an average sinkhole issue and something to take lightly.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:18 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,596,703 times
I watched an interview of two neighbors by the local news media. One lived directly across the street. Both said they had previous sinkhole damage and that their houses had been stabilized. I hope this poor lady has good coverage. Repairing sinkhole damage is not cheap or easy.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:20 AM

One of the neighbors just cancelled their sinkhole coverage since it went up by $ 400.- and that might have been the most expensive $ 400.- decision they ever made...in hindsight!

Old 06-26-2012, 04:06 AM

We're praying that the high tide will not cause more damage in this community...one of my friends lives there and aside from her sinkhole she now is waiting to see what will happen in the next few minutes when high tide comes in...her house has sandbags all around the house and pumps...

Hopefully this will help...but how sad is this after already dealing with the sinkhole issues she had for the last years and she just fixed up her house after the insurance paid of her mortgage...now this...

Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 AM

It sounds like the prayers have been answered...the water is residing at my friends house...but many parts of the community are still dealing with the flooding and than the sink hole issues...very sad and hopefully the sun will come out soon to improve the conditions...

Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 AM

119 posts, read 206,895 times
Default High Tide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
It sounds like the prayers have been answered...the water is residing at my friends house...but many parts of the community are still dealing with the flooding and than the sink hole issues...very sad and hopefully the sun will come out soon to improve the conditions...
I'm a bit confused, as Beacon Woods is almost three miles from the gulf. Are you talking about somewhere else?

Old 04-01-2014, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 6,796 times
That house is not in Beacon Woods. That is in the neigboorhod called the Reserve. Get you facts straight

Old 04-02-2014, 04:02 AM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccln7 View Post
That house is not in Beacon Woods. That is in the neigboorhod called the Reserve. Get you facts straight
good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay