Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 02:17 PM

4 posts, read 3,614 times

Advertisements

Ok Floridians!
I currently live in southern Indiana (borders KY, Louisville) and my family and I are trying to relocate to Tampa (or surrounding areas)....who's got solid advice on good area's for teenagers, upscale neighborhoods, and family areas....
I've seen a lot of properties in Ruskin, and Main st. Tampa....and have no idea whether these are good area's or not?!
I am lost......
Any advice you could give me would be so appreciated!
My brother lives in Bradenton and I like that area, they just don't seem to have any houses available?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 02:57 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
There are plenty of places available! But alot depends on your price range. You say upscale neighborhoods - can you tell us more.

What type of housing are you looking for? 4 bed/2 bath/2 car garage with a private pool
You are looking at renting/buying?
Trying to relocate. Does that mean when you find a house you are on your way. So you could be here in less than 48 hours?
I don't really know the Bradenton area all that well. Do you want to be within 10, 20, or 50 miles of your brother?
What price range are you looking for? 1000.00 per month is a whole different home than 1500.00 and 2000.00 gets you an extremely nice place.

I will leave the areas for people that are more familiar with Bradenton and surrounding areas.

If you fill in these questions, there are plenty of people that will be in to answer. THANKS, GOOD LUCK!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
As you know nothing about the area wouldnt it be in your best interest to rent for a few months before locking yourself into a property in a neighborhood you may end up not liking?
Googling homes for rent or sale in the Tampa bay area will give you info overload on potential places to live. As nice places to live can be a matter of perspective my only advice would be to stay away from southside St Pete.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:35 AM

I will be finishing my masters degree in December. I have already been in contact with someone about a job and should be heading down to St. Petersburg in July to do an internship for a few weeks. I have spent A LOT of time over the last 20 years visiting the west coast of Florida ( thats how long my brother has lived there!) and my husband has always had a love affair with the area as well...( He is looking forward to spring training time!). I am just unsure about specific neighborhoods....I would like to keep my mortgage under 2000.00....but 2000.00 a month is do-able. I don't need to be next door to my brother at all....and a little buffer might be good...lol!
I have seen many beautiful homes in Ruskin for sale, but know NOTHING about that area. What I liked most about these new homes is that they are "green" and ecologically built. Main st. Tampa is another newer home area as well and have seen many properties that we like there. Again, I know nothing about that area. We will have a son in HS and a daughter in Middle school, so school districts play a HUGE factor in our area....Our timeline, looks like next summer to purchase a house. I might be down in January to work and once the kids finish up school in May be moving down......lots of variables...thanks for the advice!

Old 06-24-2012, 08:37 AM

ok, and property type...5 bedrooms and 3 baths are what we're looking for....Pool, HOA, Gated Community would be nice

Old 06-24-2012, 12:48 PM

Some one tell me about Lennar builders please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay