Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM

126 posts, read 218,017 times

Advertisements

Found a cute home for rent in Harbor Isles. The neighborhood looks nice and clean and the houses aren't 2 feet from each other. Surprisingly with all this rain, that area is not flooded which is a concern of mine with all the lakes/ponds surrounding the houses. I am not too excited about it being in the evacuation zone and wonder how often we would need to leave and where would we go?

We looked around Fishhawk and it's cute but it is cramped! I didn't see anything for rent over there. :-(

We are going to checkout the Apollo Beach home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 04:05 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,453,270 times
Keep us posted. We have watched since you started looking down here. I for one and pretty curious where you will end up! Thanks!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM

26 posts, read 53,473 times
I am interested in hearing about your visit to the Apollo Beach area. IIRC, someone posted a comment about there being a power plant nearby that belches on that area.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:32 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,289,685 times
The TECO powerplant is more an eyesore than anything else. It doesn't give off a smell and there is no soot coming from it as posted.

As for Apollo Beach - there are several threads discussing the area. There really is no nice beach there - a public park with a rocky beach. Not really a place I'd swim.

There isn't much happening in AB. The communities are relatively close to access I-75 and Brandon, Tampa are about 20-45 mins away.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:35 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,226,398 times
that would be one heck of a drive for your husbands work.. Most of that area was nice but half of the stuff is/has been foreclosed on and we know how nice the places like that are.

were you not able to find anything else in the LOL or odessa areas?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:30 AM

I drive 20 min to work at home so this is a comparable drive. Being set away from the congestion is fine with us. Maybe Im wrong but it feels really safe in the neighborhood over some that we drove through in Riverview, and Brandon. We also saw kids my girls age in the neighborhood, no trashy lawns, I dont even recall a foreclosed house. There were a couple for sale but none run down. I did notice empty business offices in the strip mall.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:37 AM

265 posts, read 972,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmama View Post
Maybe Im wrong
You are...

Take it from a Harbour Isles resident since 2007. There are multiple foreclosures throughout the community. The reason many of the homes are for rent is because the homeowners cant find buyers. The hired private security group has helped but petty crime(car break ins and theft) still exists in the community.

Last edited by wiltznucs; 06-27-2012 at 07:46 AM..

Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 PM

Really? This shocks me as this area looks much nicer than many we looked at in Riverview. We talked to the tenant who currently is renting the home and she said that the area is very safe and has never has any concerns. She is moving due to the drive to work and wanting to live in a more active community. I take it it's people coming into the neighborhood not your actual neighbors that are causing the crime which can happen anywhere.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,453,270 times
There are foreclosures everywhere, don't let that bother you. Make sure you're not renting from one in Pre-Foreclosure!!!

Also, many of the nice subdivisions keep there foreclosures pretty well kept. Some of the homes in these nice subdivisions are affordable. But when you add in the taxes, HOA, and CDD it really changes the price of owning a home.

At least with Rent, you have a set price. The owner may be taking a loss, but at least is getting something for it.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:46 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,289,685 times
Big Bend Road at Interstate 75 bustles with proposed development - Tampa Bay Times

good news for people who live in the area...of course, these developers and hospitals have been talking about this for a long time and nothing has happened so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay