U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 11:33 AM

3,920 posts, read 2,522,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
So the person cranks up a brand new account, digs up a three-year old thread, makes an off the wall comment about how is a gated community supposedly presumed safe if it is gated and you think that is not a statement huh? Okeydokey!
What about the condos called waterside condos, it's gated, so they say. How are they...,safe?

Maybe I am missing something that you are reading between the lines,

What about the condos called waterside condos? Seems like a question

it's gated, so they say. Ok thats a statement but about management/marketing materials saying that they are gated but he/she doubting that.

How are they...,safe? Also seems like a question

Nothing there offensive or calling TT geto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 01:55 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Drive up Busch Blvd between 275 and 56th street, feel the blight, go to that bowling alley at Busch and 56th street, feel the ghetto... drive down riverside drive and see how ghetto it is... drive up 40th street by the river, ghetto

Also, 2 words: Rowlett Park... done

You cherry pick nice streets but ignore that the entire area is ghetto
YOU ARE WRONG

Temple Terrace is not near 275. I'll show the maps later. You'll enjoy that.

Quote:
Drive up Busch Blvd between 275 and 56th street, feel the blight, go to that bowling alley at Busch and 56th street, feel the ghetto... drive down riverside drive and see how ghetto it is... drive up 40th street by the river, ghetto

YOU ARE WRONG

Whatever bowling alley you are talking about is merely on the extreme edge of TT. Saying the nonsense you say would be like complaining about the strip joints on the way up Dale Mabry towards Carrollwood.

Quote:

YOU ARE WRONG

Riverhills Dr is quite nice. I've biked that road. There's something wrong with you to say otherwise.

Quote:

YOU ARE WRONG

Rowlett Park is not in Temple Terrace. It is more than 2 miles away. It's the same distance away from TT as it is to Forest Hills and Lake Carroll is another 1/2 mi. Never mind that Rowlett Park is actually very nice. I discovered it fairly recently and will go back to the place. I love that dam there on the river, and the park is peaceful. I also walked around the area. The homes are well kept. Not ghetto.

Quote:

I don't know nothin' about cherry picking but I can smell from here where you keep your thumbs.

If I get some time later I'll go through more streets and post lots of pictures so you don't think there's any picking going on that you might make you jealous. I know you look forward to that.

I found interesting how you fessed up to losing a bunch of money because you bought high during the bubble in an area you now degrade at every opportunity, Seminole Heights. I take it by your prejudice against this area that you, what, got a speeding ticket. Aw.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
What about the condos called waterside condos, it's gated, so they say. How are they...,safe?

Maybe I am missing something that you are reading between the lines,

What about the condos called waterside condos? Seems like a question

it's gated, so they say. Ok thats a statement but about management/marketing materials saying that they are gated but he/she doubting that.

How are they...,safe? Also seems like a question

Nothing there offensive or calling TT geto.
Not reading between the lines. Reading the actual lines.

The person purposely conveyed dot dot dot that an area, a mile away and across the river from TT, not in TT. is not safe because it is gated which is trolling when everyone else extolls the virtues of safety by being in a gated community.

It seems one of the signs of a pathological liar. Their brains don't work right but the brain still has a need to try and make sense of things, so they take a little from here and a little from there, they find an awkward logic to it, piece it together as best they can to suit their purpose and hope nobody notices. Online, able to create lots of puppets, they run rampant. In person they can get away with it for short spurts but eventually people figure them out.

It is the opposite of autism by which people have trouble with lies. That's why they have trouble with humor, because the autistic take everything so literally, not even allowing for "white lies". Pathological liars on the opposite hand have trouble with truth. Though it's not entirely mapped out yet and we've no cure, it seems to have to do with the ratio of white to grey matter in the brain. I've an adopted family member with it and had a secretary with it so I've lots of experience in recognizing it.

As to the person's TT fetish, yes, it was offensive geographically haha. It's the very same thing as when people say that TT is suitcase city-adjacent or even that TT is in suitcase city when that is all a mix of nonsense and BS.

If that was not true, than why doesn't anyone ever mention how TT is Tampa Palms adjacent or Thonotosassa adjacent or adjacent to the 15,000-acre wilderness area with lots of public access, you know, the type of thing that got Tampa named as one of the top recreation areas of the country. Or did that just slip everyone's notice?

Personally offensive? Feh! That person means nothing to me. But that doesn't mean that I'll let nonsense slide when I see it. I just may call it out.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:48 AM

745 posts, read 408,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by housingcrashsurvivor View Post
YOU ARE WRONG. Temple Terrace is not near 275. I'll show the maps later. You'll enjoy that.
I know it's not IN temple terrace, but 275 is like less then 2 miles away from the city limits... close enough. But my point was that Busch up in TT is hood...

Quote:
YOU ARE WRONG, Whatever bowling alley you are talking about is merely on the extreme edge of TT. Saying the nonsense you say would be like complaining about the strip joints on the way up Dale Mabry towards Carrollwood.
The bowling alley is at Busch and 56th street, the HEART of TT. The fact that you don't know where it is, or that it's ghetto shows you know nothing

Quote:
YOU ARE WRONG. Riverhills Dr is quite nice. I've biked that road. There's something wrong with you to say otherwise.
Ghetto...

Quote:
YOU ARE WRONG, Rowlett Park is not in Temple Terrace. It is more than 2 miles away. It's the same distance away from TT as it is to Forest Hills and Lake Carroll is another 1/2 mi. Never mind that Rowlett Park is actually very nice. I discovered it fairly recently and will go back to the place. I love that dam there on the river, and the park is peaceful. I also walked around the area. The homes are well kept. Not ghetto.
Rowlett park is one of the most ghetto places in Tampa... and the area all around it is hood, I can't believe this...

Old 07-10-2015, 10:02 AM

745 posts, read 408,284 times
This is Temple Terrace... in about 5 minutes... the bowling alley has an abandoned gas station in front of it now, lol

Attached Thumbnails
Safety of Temple Terrace-tt1.jpg   Safety of Temple Terrace-tt2.jpg   Safety of Temple Terrace-tt3.jpg   Safety of Temple Terrace-tt4.jpg  

Old 07-10-2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
This is Temple Terrace... in about 5 minutes... the bowling alley has an abandoned gas station in front of it now, lol
I know everyone is going to be surprised by this but yet again YOU ARE WRONG.

Besides that you've just made yourself out to be a total hypocrite by cherry picking when you've just complained about cherry picking, the only picture you've just shown that is remotely in TT is that gas station on the extreme edge of town. Seriously in the very last block or two of town. Aw. Nice try, but you haven't proved a thing.

EVERY ONE OF YOUR OTHER PICTURES IS NOT TEMPLE TERRACE.

INTERESTING TOO THAT YOU WOULD SHOW AREAS AROUND ROWLETTE AS BEING TT WHEN I JUST SHOWED YOU THAT ROWLETTE IS NOT TEMPLE TERRACE, NOT EVEN CLOSE. SO YOU HAVE MADE IT OBVIOUS & CLEAR THAT YOU ARE PURPOSELY TRYING TO MISLEAD CITY DATA READERS BY MISINFORMING.

Last edited by Sunscape; 07-11-2015 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-10-2015, 04:40 PM

3,152 posts, read 3,309,819 times
Not only is that not TT, but if that's what you consider ghetto, then I really want to live in the areas you've lived your entire life. Fairly new looking truck AND a boat?

Old 07-10-2015, 04:49 PM

Here are some pictures typical of Temple Terrace. More to follow.

WEST of 56TH Street

Golf course area

One of the very few not so great parts of town

One of the lowest cost areas of town, south of Busch W of 56th

West of 56th

West of 56th

West of 56th

West of 56th

More cherry picking (boy that's a lot of cherries) West of 56th where so many say is so horribly "surrounding USF"

Still more W of 56th "surrounding" USF

Old 07-10-2015, 05:01 PM

10 posts, read 5,278 times
My wife and I went to a beer fest this spring at Woodmont Park and we found the homes in that area very appealing. Hopping on Zillow showed quite a few attractive homes with nice yards and in nice neighborhoods. Like everything in life it can be hit or miss but i would certainly encourage you to not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I know it's not IN temple terrace, but 275 is like less then 2 miles away from the city limits... close enough. But my point was that Busch up in TT is hood...

The bowling alley is at Busch and 56th street, the HEART of TT. The fact that you don't know where it is, or that it's ghetto shows you know nothing

Ghetto...

Rowlett park is one of the most ghetto places in Tampa... and the area all around it is hood, I can't believe this...
I can't believe I missed one of your posts where again YOU ARE WRONG.

Rowlett Park is no closer to Temple Terrace than it is to Forest Hills and closer to Seminole Heights, you know, where your house lost so much value, all cash, we presume, seeing how high and mighty you try to make yourself out to be.

It is nearly two and a quarter miles away from the very edge of TT. It is 2.5 mi from Lowry Park Zoo.

Never mind that it actually is a nice park...

That bowling alley is not at the heart; it is at the edge. It is the very last block of town before the area turns into Tampa. Most TT residents probably don't even know it exists.

YOU ARE ALSO WRONG about where you placed 275 relative to TT. It is not less than 2 miles as you have herein mischaracterized in your oh so very common manner. Fact is that Temple Terrace is nearly twice as far away as you have mischaracterized. It is about 3.75 miles away, not the shorter distance you about which you have tried to misinform others. How typical.

What is actually within 2 miles to 275 which you relate as your MEASUREMENT OF THE HORRIBLES?
Let's have a looksee:
Temple Terrace nearly 3.75 miles away
Dale Mabry 2.95 miles away
Lake Magdalene isn't just within 2 miles to 275, it borders 275 AND it doesn't just border 275 but it borders 275 at suitcase city central. Where's your prejudiced commentary about that?
Greater Carrollwood 1.49 mi to 275
Lowry Park Zoo 4,776 feet to 275

LETS LOOK AT SOME OTHER MEASURES ON THE VANHALEN GHETTO SCALE OF THE HORRIBLES
Again TT to 275 is 3.75 miles away
Hyde Park to Ybor 1.7 mi, they are practically neighbors, I bet they invite each other over for tea
Davis Island to E Ybor 1.98 mi, you could boat over to the port and anchor in that debris
Carrollwood to Drew Park adult education facilities 2.8 mi, so convenient.

Last edited by housingcrashsurvivor; 07-11-2015 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay