Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
I don't really know what does Miami have, besides nightlife, that may be appealing. Tampa is just as warm, just a few degrees less, and maybe Miami has bluer beaches, but that's something that can be dealt with easily. Miami is just an overrated area, in my own opinion.
Miami is a city- with a city feel hustel bustel and noise- and very much a metropolitan- multi ethnic- multi cultural area,,, the diversity is great! from foods to languages and things to do even for FREE! and people consider you family-I was invited to places to eat and have a good time and hardly new anyone there just tagging along with some one else,,, the more the merrier! I have ridden horses in Davie with real cowboys as well as seen the Art galleries in Coral Gables- Coconut Grove has activies all the time in the streets, always something going on- and things from diffrent countries, Once The Brazilans won the world cup and they shut down Ocean Drive in S. beach to celebrate- Samba dancers and all.. Bayside is the bomb! Dolphin Mall is awesome- for the day- spend the day at SAWGRASS Mall in Sunrise- it will take you that long- go on 5 hr night cruises every weekend and enjoy a low cost evening ocean cruise, see the lighted yachts at the Christmas parade in Las Olas- see the antique cars parade in Hollywood, Motorcycle meets Tues at Hooters in Pembroke, I could fill the page-- Lets face its a a CITY! Tampa has many ameneties - but is a TOWN- so if you are more into that- great for anyone one who wants to keep a low profile, low maintenance life, nothing wrong with it-but nothing wrong wth city living either! nad althogh never been to PR, would love to visit as tickes from Miami can go for $200/300 - that is another thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM

666 posts, read 1,291,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Miami is a city- with a city feel hustel bustel and noise- and very much a metropolitan- multi ethnic- multi cultural area,,, the diversity is great! from foods to languages and things to do even for FREE! and people consider you family-I was invited to places to eat and have a good time and hardly new anyone there just tagging along with some one else,,, the more the merrier! I have ridden horses in Davie with real cowboys as well as seen the Art galleries in Coral Gables- Coconut Grove has activies all the time in the streets, always something going on- and things from diffrent countries, Once The Brazilans won the world cup and they shut down Ocean Drive in S. beach to celebrate- Samba dancers and all.. Bayside is the bomb! Dolphin Mall is awesome- for the day- spend the day at SAWGRASS Mall in Sunrise- it will take you that long- go on 5 hr night cruises every weekend and enjoy a low cost evening ocean cruise, see the lighted yachts at the Christmas parade in Las Olas- see the antique cars parade in Hollywood, Motorcycle meets Tues at Hooters in Pembroke, I could fill the page-- Lets face its a a CITY! Tampa has many ameneties - but is a TOWN- so if you are more into that- great for anyone one who wants to keep a low profile, low maintenance life, nothing wrong with it-but nothing wrong wth city living either! nad althogh never been to PR, would love to visit as tickes from Miami can go for $200/300 - that is another thing.
Some notes:
1. What kind of multiethnicity you find in Miami... Cubans, Venezuelans, Colombians, Puerto Ricans, Argertines? No offense but that's not diversity for me- we are all Latinos. And even if you consider that diverse what use if it if Latinos don't get along over there? Diversity with segregation is nothing.
2. Many of the diverse food can also be found here.
3. Tickets to Puerto Rico from Ft. Lauderdale are only slightly cheaper than from Tampa or Orlando and the difference is half an hour.

Miami may sound great until you live there, as well as any other big city. Stress, rudeness and competition makes life harder.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:41 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
Some notes:
1. What kind of multiethnicity you find in Miami... Cubans, Venezuelans, Colombians, Puerto Ricans, Argertines? No offense but that's not diversity for me- we are all Latinos. And even if you consider that diverse what use if it if Latinos don't get along over there? Diversity with segregation is nothing.
2. Many of the diverse food can also be found here.
3. Tickets to Puerto Rico from Ft. Lauderdale are only slightly cheaper than from Tampa or Orlando and the difference is half an hour.

Miami may sound great until you live there, as well as any other big city. Stress, rudeness and competition makes life harder.

You kidding me right? what happend to the Jamaicans, Hatians, Italians, Greeks, Brazilians, Africans. Canadians, Polish, Russians, Indian, Phillipinos, Germans, Spanish, Portugese the British, French and the Israelies, Palestinians, Egyptians, the Swiss all of South and Central America and every single island in the Carribean. -and God knows who else-- Did you not have friends from other countries?

Here's a quote for you ""About 5 percent of Miami’s undergraduate students are from abroad coming from 62 countries. The top 10 countries represented at Miami are China, India, South Korea, Canada, Kenya, France, Nepal, Vietnam, Taiwan and Japan & these are just the students,,, you have to live under a rock not to see these folks and intermigle with them at some point or another, and don't not forget all the tourists from all over the world...OYE hibaro- habre los ojos-pos dios sorry if someone was rude, there are rude folks every where, but there are more friendly accepting people in S. FL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay