Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 AM

517 posts, read 1,086,772 times

Advertisements

I am wondering whether the ad posted in the thread on this forum for restarting a cleaning business is allowed (as my understanding is that commercial advertising is not allowed here?) but do not know how to contact this forum's moderator to ask.

I would think that advertising is advertising, even if the person is stating they just want opinions on whether this is a good ad for a family member's business?? (The ad includes contact info.) Otherwise, you'd have tons of ads being posted here all the time "just for feedback on my ad"!

I understand the challenges of this economy for people and wish anyone who is trying to start a business the very best of luck, but I also value the incredibly helpful, altruistic, noncommercial nature of this forum.

Does anyone know how I would go about DMing the moderator(s) to ask about the appropriateness of this posting?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,266,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City__Datarer View Post
I am wondering whether the ad posted in the thread on this forum for restarting a cleaning business is allowed (as my understanding is that commercial advertising is not allowed here?) but do not know how to contact this forum's moderator to ask.

I would think that advertising is advertising, even if the person is stating they just want opinions on whether this is a good ad for a family member's business?? (The ad includes contact info.) Otherwise, you'd have tons of ads being posted here all the time "just for feedback on my ad"!

I understand the challenges of this economy for people and wish anyone who is trying to start a business the very best of luck, but I also value the incredibly helpful, altruistic, noncommercial nature of this forum.

Does anyone know how I would go about DMing the moderator(s) to ask about the appropriateness of this posting?
There is an exclamation and warning triangle at the top right of the message (next to that balance thingy) that you want to bring to the attention to the moderation. Click that triangle and a pop up will appear. Our TB mods are very good at keep this message board clean or moving threads elsewhere.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:59 AM

517 posts, read 1,086,772 times
Thanks, BucFan. (I've got it now--the flag button only shows up if you're logged in.)

Wiltznucs, not really into drama (and hit the post button without great enthusiasm, knowing I might be putting myself at risk for some). But (IMHO) I can't expect good things to stay good if I'm not willing to do my part. City-Data is a really helpful site that I appreciate. Have a nice day.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:31 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,259,086 times
Dude find a reply by Keeper, (or search "Keeper"), and then send him/her a direct message! That's it.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:12 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,083,683 times
You can send a Direct message to either Annie of Oldsmar or to me if you have a question. If you send a DM please send a link to the thread you are questioning. You can also report a post if you feel it is in violation of the Terms of Service by using the yellow triangle on the right side of a post. You can send a DM by clicking on the member name and select send 'direct message'.

We try to read every post but that is not often possible. We are volunteers and do not spend 24 hours a day on City Data.

If you feel a post or thread has been handled improperly then you can send us a message and ask why politely. We are here to keep this forum flowing smoothly and to stop personal attacks, keep the thread on track and remove/move threads to the correct forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: