Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
The dental care in the UK is atrocious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 06:08 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Mike Myers is Canadian! LOL

To whomever repped me: there is no help for the former middle class. The VERY poor get social help, and the rich can afford whatever they want done, but there is nothing for the middle man unless middle man has perfect teeth. There was never any help. The dental field is the most predatory out there.

I stay home with my kids and occasionally work part time, and guess what there is no insurance that we can use. We had dental plans which cover nothing, and I am having to continue going to my dentist in Miami because he knows us, and is willing to let me make payments when the cost is above us. I don't use credit because I work sporadically, so I cannot go out and borrow large amounts of money nor do I want to do that. My hubby's was charged $485 for a basic cleaning with the option for an more advanced cleaning for $675!!! Yeah right! That was with a dental plan mind you. A joke, but mostly a rip off. We're looking into going to Canada, or Mexico next.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:16 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Quote:
The dental office were my wife works had free dental care last Friday it was called Dentistry from the heart.
There is a Dr. in TnC who does this every year. They see a lot of patients from all the area that day and it's free.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:30 PM

3,826 posts, read 5,802,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brn2bme50 View Post
NO NOT A PERSON IN JAIL. A person that simply hasn't held a job in many years. I know them well. Got all their teeth pulled and full dentures and didn't pay a dime towards it. It is called MEDICAID!!!!!!!
To to offense anyone, but only crapy dentists accept medicaid nowdays, and I don't recommend to go anywhere near them, trust me.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
There is a Dr. in TnC who does this every year. They see a lot of patients from all the area that day and it's free.
Yes, but they don't do any major work like root canals, crowns, bridges, implants etc. They do cleanings and extractions, and they serve you with an estimate of what you should be getting done.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
To to offense anyone, but only crapy dentists accept medicaid nowdays, and I don't recommend to go anywhere near them, trust me.
I do agree with that. The work is awful, not to mention that you call today and the next appointment is next April, and they are located in the worst areas of town...I wouldn't go that route of they paid me!

Old 10-28-2014, 08:24 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
$1,100 for a crown? Seems a little over priced. $800 would be more reasonable. That's the out the door price. Shop around!
My wifes office charges $1,238 for a crown so $1,000 is cheap.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
My wifes office charges $1,238 for a crown so $1,000 is cheap.
We got quoted $1500...

You do realize that we're talking about blowing $1500 for ONE TOOTH HERE RIGHT?

We never spend that kind of money at once for anything, let alone ONE TOOTH.

It is ridiculous, especially when insurance companies ONLY cover $1000 worth of work per year; which is why we don't buy that insurance ever.

RIP OFF! Is what dentistry is here.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
We got quoted $1500...

You do realize that we're talking about blowing $1500 for ONE TOOTH HERE RIGHT?

We never spend that kind of money at once for anything, let alone ONE TOOTH.

It is ridiculous, especially when insurance companies ONLY cover $1000 worth of work per year; which is why we don't buy that insurance ever.

RIP OFF! Is what dentistry is here.
No different than medical doctors. School loans for dental and medical school are staggering. Compared to reular student loans.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 AM

Quote:
No different than medical doctors. School loans for dental and medical school are staggering. Compared to reular student loans.
Their schooling is not my problem. If they think it's too much, then don't pay for it. I have to pay for my own schooling, so paying for someone else's is not my problem. They don't cost as much elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay