Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:21 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
ALL, not just a few, but ALL areas surrounding the business centers in FL, and other cities are being wasted rather than developed for residential purposes so that people stop driving non stop and ease the traffic.

That entire area around east Tampa, that is or can be walking distance to downtown is a disaster right now, if it was bulldozed and rebuilt as a nice residential area, that alone would make a HUGE difference in the traffic around downtown Tampa.
But nobody has any balls to get this done, therefore complaining about traffic is useless and unproductive, if you want to complain, complain about wasted PRIME real estate. Miles, and miles of IT.
Those areas provide low income housing for the people that live there. It may be a disaster to you, or an eyesore, any plan to demolish the area has to include new low income housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM

485 posts, read 1,012,065 times
DUNN:

I did not decide where to live based solely on my commute. I took all those factors you mentioned into account also: housing prices, schools, crime.

Luckily, South Tampa has very low crime, very good schools, affordable housing prices AND a reverse commute.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:06 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
DUNN:

I did not decide where to live based solely on my commute. I took all those factors you mentioned into account also: housing prices, schools, crime.

Luckily, South Tampa has very low crime, very good schools, affordable housing prices AND a reverse commute.
I am with you, I live in South Tampa as well, I work in Clearwater, and there is no avoiding the howard franklan bridge, is always heavy into Tampa, sometimes i get away with taking the Gandy, at any rate my commute isnt that bad most days, its just unpredictable which is the annoying part.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:17 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Tri Rail... mass transit-- shuttles-- mini jitneys- cheap taxis,, lots of ways to de-congest,,, and get ya there.. be cheaper- ask BiG city folks,,, and thank you for the cameras on Belcher and 60 -- City of Clearwater gonna get rich...

Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Tri Rail... mass transit-- shuttles-- mini jitneys- cheap taxis,, lots of ways to de-congest,,, and get ya there.. be cheaper- ask BiG city folks,,, and thank you for the cameras on Belcher and 60 -- City of Clearwater gonna get rich...
Cheap taxis....are you from fantasyland? How do you accomplish that? Are you from the land of cheap gas and slave labor?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Cheap taxis....are you from fantasyland? How do you accomplish that? Are you from the land of cheap gas and slave labor?

HELLO- get out n about! in NY for instance -In the Bronx the "towns" ( big town cars) you pay $5 and go where you want within the area, - I rem in Queens it was a dollar a head--not forgetting the bicyclists- in Miami, they have the 15 pass vans or Jitneys who run up n down 6th ave in No Miami for $1, only thing with them is they had no flashers and we never knew when they would stop.. kids for school had private vans to take them to school, home or day care for $10 a week so parents did not have to drive them at 8am and at 3--specially when school buses do not pick up within 2 miles radius. There is a huge glamorate of ways to travel... do not forget the Tri-rail and METRO-rail blus & buses --some of these prices I am sure have changed, but the competition is out there, IF they allowed it and people open their minds to becoming a city...

Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 AM

272 posts, read 607,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Of course we have our bottlenecks (I-4/275 junction), but are we that bad in Tampa?
Hardly.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 AM

guess no comment as nobody wants TBA to become a metropolitan city even thought, its the 2nd largest n Fla

Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
Have you seen this article:
Report: Tampa among America's 'emptiest' cities - Tampa Bay Times

and this:
The 10 Emptiest US Cities 2012 - CNBC

Ohio is empty because everyone from there moved to TAMPA (hahahahahahaha) Not funny really. BUT, with that kind of migration, you no longer have enough locals who CARE about their city to make a difference. People moving here from Ohio only move here because of the weather, not because they want to CONTRIBUTE to our town in any way, shape or form, don't you see the threads in here alone? waitress-ing, warehous-ing, customer servicing,....etc........then, as you can see, thanks to an unqualified work force serious companies don't come here...so we've just became a catch all for low loves who can't clean up their snowed-in driveways...makes you think why/how people live so happily in NORWAY (they make every list at #1 or #2 in the happiest nations!).......and where is COLD longer than it is in Ohio!

I would like to see this town clean up more than anyone else in here, but where do I go for that? I wrote emails SEVERAL times about all sorts of things to the mayor's office....the response...NONE...fell on DEAF ears. The negligence, and ignorance rule in those high positions that actually have the POWER to do something about it. Plus, look at the youth around...how many do you see being preoccupied with their city? and how many do you see preoccupied with drinking, partying, and trolling the malls? You do know the expression: "If there's a will, there's a way"....well, in our case there is NO will! How do you fight against THAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
guess no comment as nobody wants TBA to become a metropolitan city even thought, its the 2nd largest n Fla

Old 07-25-2012, 09:21 AM

Very true, TBay is kinda on its own- I was very surprized to see Dale Mabry in the same condition it was 25 yrs ago, no code enforcement. You want a beautiful city, everybody has to play a part,,, here it every man for his own excpet for a few cumminity events like sports and maybe gasparrilla or iron man- that sort of thing. But they are not going to change,,, it is the culture here, you live with it or move away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay