Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Have you thought about going 5 miles or so East on HWY 54 over to Trinity?? There are very nice homes in that area and you get outside the city of New Port Richey. Just a thought.
Trinity is another world compared to the older small 2 bedroom hoods near US19.

Much better area to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin81 View Post
Great to see such accurate information based on facts (not).

Your inaccurate statements about NPR show how much you really don't know the area. You'd probably be the same person to recommend West Chase, however- if you speak to anyone in law enforcement (in the area) they will quickly tell you West Chase is awful with regards to crime (generally nonviolent, but crime regardless).

NPR is good. My insurance is cheaper here by FAR than it was in Pinellas. Electric also went down. Live in a nice neighborhood in a house that would cost $500k+ in any part of tampa.

Insurance may get more expensive west of US19, and I would generally avoid living anywhere directly near US19 (that goes for Pinellas/Paco parts..not just Pasco).
Nice that you don't quote. I know nothing about West Chase, other than it's kinda close to crappy TNC, but still light years better than west Pasco. Now what part of NPR is good in your book?

Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Thanks for posting the info. It is high time we've heard from someone who actually lives in NPR.

Quote:

Your inaccurate statements about NPR show how much you really don't know the area. You'd probably be the same person to recommend West Chase, however- if you speak to anyone in law enforcement (in the area) they will quickly tell you West Chase is awful with regards to crime (generally nonviolent, but crime regardless).

NPR is good. My insurance is cheaper here by FAR than it was in Pinellas. Electric also went down. Live in a nice neighborhood in a house that would cost $500k+ in any part of tampa.

Insurance may get more expensive west of US19, and I would generally avoid living anywhere directly near US19 (that goes for Pinellas/Paco parts..not just Pasco).

Old 07-22-2012, 12:57 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Have you looked into Dunedin? It's a great place with lots to do! Golfing,beautiful HoneyMoon Island beach or walk along the causeway,and many senior events! My parents retired there and loved it!
Definitely heed this advice. Dunedin is so much nicer than New Port Richey! Just take a drive up 19 to NPR to experience it yourself.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:10 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
I don't need to show any link. I think it's a well known fact that Ins is the highest in west Pasco county west of US19 as not one Ins comp will insure a house west of US19. You are forced to go with the state run Ins. And now that they plan to charge people 9K a year for just sinkhole Ins will more than prove my point that the area is the highest to insure bar none.

Same for some people in parts of Hernado county.
If you are going to proclaim that an area has the highest insurance in the country that you may want to supply some actual proof.
You then try to back out by saying it is West Pasco, west of 19 but you still provide no proof.
Your posts help no one

Old 07-22-2012, 06:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:

I'll take my chances in Westchase over NPR anyday!!I would think the LEO's in Westchase keep on their toes a little more over in the hood of Westchase to keep the quality of life that is expected by the residents!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:42 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
If you are going to proclaim that an area has the highest insurance in the country that you may want to supply some actual proof.
You then try to back out by saying it is West Pasco, west of 19 but you still provide no proof.
Your posts help no one
I have family on Moog Rd and Overland that had to drop their insurance or pay close to $6000 on a house that is worth about $60,000!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
I have family on Moog Rd and Overland that had to drop their insurance or pay close to $6000 on a house that is worth about $60,000!
If you choose to live a stones throw from the gulf your insurance is going to be higher, Isn't Overland about 4 blocks from the water? Individual insurance prices that are high do not mean that "...the cost to insure a house is the highest in the country" as chas stated.
We have a commercial property in Hernando Cty that because of the age of the building, is not cost effective to insure, it would cost about $12000 a year. On the other hand, my home in Hernando Cty for over $300K in coverage runs just under $800 or so.
It all depends on age, location and other factors but I was just looking for proof from him since he stated it was the highest in the country, I am sure if it is then it would state that somewhere.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Same for the people in Westport. Homes that won't sell for more than 30k cost around 4k a year to insure and that does not include flood ins.

As i said above the highest in the country to insure vs home price. Where else would it cost $4k+ to insure a dump that would sell for around 30k?

Old 07-23-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Plus the cost to insure a house is the highest in the country. I would run.
Quote:
I think it's a well known fact that Ins is the highest in west Pasco county west of US19
Quote:
As i said above the highest in the country to insure vs home price.
Each post you seem to narrow down more and more. First it was New Port Richey as a whole, then West Pasco west of US19 and now it is the highest to insure vs home price.

Quote:
Same for the people in Westport. Homes that won't sell for more than 30k cost around 4k a year to insure and that does not include flood ins.
Once again you mention an area that is blocks from the gulf, of course coastal homes are going to cost much more to insure, that is the price you pay for being close to the gulf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay