U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 03:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,235,889 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/us...onvention.html

As Tampa gears up for the Republican National Convention, the biggest party it has ever held, the city and its businesses are primping and polishing for the August arrival of tens of thousands of visitors. Like it or not — mostly not, for city officials — Tampa’s well-known strip clubs have joined the welcome wagon.

Club owners here say they have schmoozed with their counterparts in former host cities, like Denver, and have been told that revenue pours in during conventions, sometimes quadrupling earnings from a Super Bowl week. As for party affiliation, this is one place where the country’s caustic partisan differences fall away, owners say.

Tampa cannot shed its national reputation as the strip club capital of the country. “It’s not true,” said Joe Redner, the owner of the renowned Mons Venus and a man famous for fending off local attempts to close his club. “It would be nice, though.”

The Tampa Bay Times has reported there are 20 strip clubs in Tampa and 30 in the Tampa Bay area. Tampa does not have as many strip clubs as New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, New York and Las Vegas, owners said. Miami boasts quite a few, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 05:43 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,786,308 times
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Of course they are! what's our FAKE politicians to do!

Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,997,543 times
I don't think you'd find any politician in a Strip Club these days. You know there are people camped out in the parking lot to find someone of 'self importance' just to snap a picture and make 50K selling it to TMZ, CNN or Fox News.
But all these people that want to Govern by Morals will spend a ton of money in these places. A little Hypocritical if you ask me. And I am not taking anyone side on this nor do I care to turn anything into a Political discussion as I am honestly frustrated by all of our Elected Representatives EQUALLY.
Do I vote, YES. Otherwise, I don't deserve the right to complain. But I have no idea who to vote for at this time. And yes, I am running out of time

Old 08-04-2012, 08:34 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,786,308 times
I so agree! That's why they have all those "private" lounges! hahahahaha

I don't have anyone to vote for either! & that is pretty SAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
I don't think you'd find any politician in a Strip Club these days. You know there are people camped out in the parking lot to find someone of 'self importance' just to snap a picture and make 50K selling it to TMZ, CNN or Fox News.
But all these people that want to Govern by Morals will spend a ton of money in these places. A little Hypocritical if you ask me. And I am not taking anyone side on this nor do I care to turn anything into a Political discussion as I am honestly frustrated by all of our Elected Representatives EQUALLY.
Do I vote, YES. Otherwise, I don't deserve the right to complain. But I have no idea who to vote for at this time. And yes, I am running out of time

Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 AM

12,135 posts, read 13,262,027 times
Well, private entrances/exits do accommodate the people who don't want to be seen there.

You just have to look at the character of the characters playing the election game.

I hope they all enjoy the convention.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 PM

2,719 posts, read 4,405,326 times
GOP is outspending dems 3 to 1 in strip clubs too, ! They need that tax break, I guess.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 PM

20,271 posts, read 12,140,849 times
I have no problem with my vote,,, base it on my concience and know I must answer one day for all my actions. The city will also be filled with all kinds of temptations, and history has shown they make the money!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 PM

4,678 posts, read 8,519,454 times
It's my understanding that Tampa isn't known as the "Strip Club Capital" so much as it's known for just being an adult entertainment capital, Tampa is known for many closed doors clubs, filming, and adult themed bookstores.

Doesn't the Todd Adult on Nebraska Avenue claim to be the largest adult store in the South ?

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,919,004 times
I don't see the problem with being known to have adult entertainment. All the "interesting" cities are known for it. NYC has call girls advertising out in the open. Miami has tons of **** and obviously Los Angeles is the capitol of **** while Vegas is the strip club capitol. Portland can be pretty wild as well, probably more so than Tampa and its also a world class city that is prospering and attracting young educated people.

If you don't like strip clubs, or have a problem with them, THEN DONT GO.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:55 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,954,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
If you don't like strip clubs, or have a problem with them, THEN DONT GO.
That's not good enough for the morality police. They want to infringe on the rights of individuals to choose what they want to do behind closed doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or