Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,250,550 times

Advertisements

I think this is being EXAGGERATED! Who are these people that they need all this protection?

Not everyone can just "take off work"! and the rest of us have appointments that take weeks to secure! They are not doing the city any good by acting as if the POPE IS COMING! These are just some republican jerks who just care to not get taxed on their unjustifiable 6 figures incomes! Its a JOKE! I wouldn't give them a dog to defend them, let alone the entire city police dept! this is a MAJOR WASTE OF TAXPAYERS MONEY!

........and I am going to say this again...what are these "visitors" going to buy exactly? Tampa has spent NO TIME in creating its own thing yet! Are they all going to pile at up at Bern's? Because I doubt they'll shop at Target!

Give me a break! This is waste of tax payers money FEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
This is a VERY good thing for Tampa, and I am a big-time liberal. ANYTHING that injects money into the local economy and gives Tampa more exposure is a VERY GOOD THING. Many cities would give anything to get an event like this in their city.

Stop your moaning and groaning. You can always take the week off and go out of town. Which is what I am doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 10:34 AM

485 posts, read 1,007,725 times
If you do any amount of research, you will realize that these kinds of events always inject a lot of money into a city. At this point, even if it injects 5 dollars, Tampa needs every penny and every added job it can get.

RNC brings money, exposure to Tampa area - YouTube

"millions of dollars in contracts"

Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM

315 posts, read 648,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
I think this is being EXAGGERATED! Who are these people that they need all this protection?

Not everyone can just "take off work"! and the rest of us have appointments that take weeks to secure! They are not doing the city any good by acting as if the POPE IS COMING! These are just some republican jerks who just care to not get taxed on their unjustifiable 6 figures incomes
Well, I can see why you DO NOT make 6 figures, this is huge for the City of Tampa both on a Publicity and Monetary scale. Sorry you will be stuck in traffic trying to get to your cashiering job @ 8/hr obviously you are not that important.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM

420 posts, read 860,537 times
Quote:
This is a VERY good thing for Tampa, and I am a big-time liberal. ANYTHING that injects money into the local economy and gives Tampa more exposure is a VERY GOOD THING. Many cities would give anything to get an event like this in their city.

Stop your moaning and groaning. You can always take the week off and go out of town. Which is what I am doing.
I completely agree. This is a great event for Tampa and the people that complain about this must complain about everything. I'm excited for the RNC and the opportunity that it provides even though driving into downtown will be slightly inconvenient.

Quit complaining. This is good for the region.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 AM

2,983 posts, read 4,595,551 times
Quote:

I would love to take a vacation during this week. Just too much to do.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:29 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,176,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgt343 View Post
Well, I can see why you DO NOT make 6 figures, this is huge for the City of Tampa both on a Publicity and Monetary scale. Sorry you will be stuck in traffic trying to get to your cashiering job @ 8/hr obviously you are not that important.
Wow! Now when did we define improtant people by their salary? You must be "we are VIP" Romney crowd?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:43 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,731,320 times
Quote:

That's fantastic its feasible for you to just up and take off a week like that, but it doesnt exactly work that way for the rest of us.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:47 PM

While I personally did not complain in this thread - my complaint is that even the ambulances have to divert for the closed roads. Since when is anyone , let alone republicans at a play date convention, more important than someone who is in a health emergency?

Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,595,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
That's fantastic its feasible for you to just up and take off a week like that, but it doesnt exactly work that way for the rest of us.
Right. I have plenty of vacation time just no time to take a vacation.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_liking_FL View Post
Right. I have plenty of vacation time just no time to take a vacation.
Hubby has vacation time, but military you cant just up and take one just because you feel like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay