Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:02 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,007,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Beats me why. It's a back woods white trash thing i guess..
Perhaps. Maybe its the joy of not paying taxes on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,819 times
Want to move have looked at lots of places and moon lake estates seems the best choice and I have a special needs child and a hubby that doesn't want to be to far from work... Any suggestions

Old 12-31-2016, 02:09 PM

146 posts, read 183,278 times
Widely known not to be a good nor safe neighborhood. Many other places are better in the area. Pasco county sheriff dep has 10 pages of calls for the area in the past month.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:28 PM

30,131 posts, read 20,843,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb18 View Post
Widely known not to be a good nor safe neighborhood. Many other places are better in the area. Pasco county sheriff dep has 10 pages of calls for the area in the past month.
Thats slow compared to my hood.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,419 times
I’m just going to put this out there. I have lived in moon lake for the past 2 years. I live in the area with newer(2007) homes. And I can proudly say this neighborhood has come and extremely long way from what it used to be. The neighbors are uniting and strengthening our community. There is a fb group to discuss the neighborhood going ons. We have contacted the sheriffs department and pointed out homes, we have had multiple raids. Code enforcement has been out in full force. Our last neighborhood clean up turned out 192 tons of garbage! We had neighbors volunteering to go to homes and help clean up! So before those of you that, don’t know what moon lake is and have never lived here I suggest you keep it moving. It is just like any neighborhood has its good and bad. We’ve been working extremely hard here to repair years and years of neglect! I’m so happy to say we have been cleaning house and the neighborhood is in the right direction.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:01 PM

5,888 posts, read 7,224,520 times
That’s great to hear! Hopefully your efforts will force adjacent communities to clean up their acts as well.

RM

Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,163 times
My family and i just bought property in moonlake (near bannerry & lake) i (the father) am a mixed man black/white, my wife is white, we have 2 kids and a pit bull, plenty of ammo & We have friends in the area. I was born and raised in Chicago (i use that experience as refrance). My observation is that there are a very large amount of meth, heroin and other hard drug users all throughout. The quality of people is very mixed. (I have a racist, a hot head vigilante, respectable hard worker, hermit & very clean/proper around me! Most of them look out for eachother because there's children in the area) so some good, some bad but it feels like any difference is set aside at least to keep the kids safe!
Honestly i feel like with everything for sale things are changing. Iv noticed a few abandoned spot are being fixed & filled and lots of run down homes are being fixed up! The prices of homes & land are very low right now! That will attract a mixed group of lower income families and investors. Most of the drug addicts use abandoned homes to do drugs. My best advice is to buy a tall fence and add motion lights all around your property, i recommend owning a gun and knowledge of gun laws (lights & guns detour criminals & drug addicts) post no trespassing signs and get a monitored security system for a year. They will target easy property! Over time the area will get better and the cost wont be low anymore!
Its currently filled with a lot of stupidity but the more and the better the people that move in the better the area will become!

Old 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM

5,687 posts, read 7,111,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0GieWo0Gie View Post
My family and i just bought property in moonlake (near bannerry & lake) i (the father) am a mixed man black/white, my wife is white, we have 2 kids and a pit bull, plenty of ammo & We have friends in the area. I was born and raised in Chicago (i use that experience as refrance). My observation is that there are a very large amount of meth, heroin and other hard drug users all throughout. The quality of people is very mixed. (I have a racist, a hot head vigilante, respectable hard worker, hermit & very clean/proper around me! Most of them look out for eachother because there's children in the area) so some good, some bad but it feels like any difference is set aside at least to keep the kids safe!
Honestly i feel like with everything for sale things are changing. Iv noticed a few abandoned spot are being fixed & filled and lots of run down homes are being fixed up! The prices of homes & land are very low right now! That will attract a mixed group of lower income families and investors. Most of the drug addicts use abandoned homes to do drugs. My best advice is to buy a tall fence and add motion lights all around your property, i recommend owning a gun and knowledge of gun laws (lights & guns detour criminals & drug addicts) post no trespassing signs and get a monitored security system for a year. They will target easy property! Over time the area will get better and the cost wont be low anymore!
Its currently filled with a lot of stupidity but the more and the better the people that move in the better the area will become!
Great post, Bo. Very realistic.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:22 AM

5,888 posts, read 7,224,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo0GieWo0Gie View Post
Glad you're getting the place sorted out - good for you and those who are participating. I wish this would happen in my mother in law's neighborhood in Holiday. Thankfully, her cul-de-sac isn't bad, but the streets around it are.

RM

Old 02-10-2019, 02:01 PM

30,131 posts, read 20,843,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
Glad you're getting the place sorted out - good for you and those who are participating. I wish this would happen in my mother in law's neighborhood in Holiday. Thankfully, her cul-de-sac isn't bad, but the streets around it are.

RM
Goes to show Pasco code does nothing to these run down hoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay