U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:45 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,480,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygurl200761 View Post
Moon lake is not as bad as it seems... I have lived in Moon Lake most of my life and I have never had any problems... If you keep to yourself and you stay out of trouble you are fine... The people who are on the news and always in trouble are trouble makers... As far as drugs thats a different story... There are many drugs there in Moon Lake that people do... Cops won't even go in Moon Lake by themselves because of it's history... As long as you stay out of trouble and don't hang out with the wrong peopleyou are fine... I've never had a problem with anyone in Moon Lake but like I said I grew up in Moon Lake and I have alot of family out there as well as alot of friends... If anyone were to move out to Moon Lake I would at least advise you don't just walk up to someones house that you don't know because alot of us...as we call moonlakers... Don't take to random people knocking and are armed... We shoot first and ask questions later but Moon Lake really isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is... I'm an insider of Moon Lake and I've lived there to know what goes on...
I know this post was meant to show Moon Lake in a more positive light, but I think it has done the exact opposite. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,471,948 times
It is a pretty accurate description. I used to work with a couple people who live there.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,310 times
I've lived in quite a few different parts of Pasco county and have been faced with the same kind of people as you would meet in Moonlake. I always come back here and right now I live at the end of a long dirt road with nothing but woods surrounding my one acre property and it's the most peaceful place i've ever lived. Can you go outside and build a big bonfire/ Or let your kids ride their four-wheelers and play and make as much noise as they want? You can have your subdivisions, I wouldn't live there. As for the one looking for the ocean breeze, please don't come to Moonlake!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 PM

6,578 posts, read 6,778,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlake Mama View Post
I've lived in quite a few different parts of Pasco county and have been faced with the same kind of people as you would meet in Moonlake. I always come back here and right now I live at the end of a long dirt road with nothing but woods surrounding my one acre property and it's the most peaceful place i've ever lived. Can you go outside and build a big bonfire/ Or let your kids ride their four-wheelers and play and make as much noise as they want? You can have your subdivisions, I wouldn't live there. As for the one looking for the ocean breeze, please don't come to Moonlake!
Just keep your doors locked and your shotgun loaded!

Old 04-05-2013, 06:17 PM

13,514 posts, read 9,195,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Just keep your doors locked and your shotgun loaded!
Gotta watch out for them moonshiners.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 8,310 times
I know a guy who lives in Griffin park off of Little rd. and he's been broken into a couple of times and I know there was a murder there by skinheads and also a man killed another man over a right of way several years ago. Yeah,I admit that there are some trashy places out here and some bad people on drugs and so forth, but I have friends in Fox Hollow and there are some pretty trashy houses there and a few drug dealers I'm sure. My point is home is what you make it. Just like anywhere in the good old U.S.A., theres crime and crazy people. If you move into a home and make it what you want and be good to your neighbors you will love where you live, EVEN IN MOONLAKE!

Old 04-07-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlake Mama View Post
I know a guy who lives in Griffin park off of Little rd. and he's been broken into a couple of times and I know there was a murder there by skinheads and also a man killed another man over a right of way several years ago. Yeah,I admit that there are some trashy places out here and some bad people on drugs and so forth, but I have friends in Fox Hollow and there are some pretty trashy houses there and a few drug dealers I'm sure. My point is home is what you make it. Just like anywhere in the good old U.S.A., theres crime and crazy people. If you move into a home and make it what you want and be good to your neighbors you will love where you live, EVEN IN MOONLAKE!
Fox hollow is as bad as Westport as is Shady hills.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:31 AM

19 posts, read 47,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post
Fox hollow is as bad as Westport as is Shady hills.
What's wrong apart from the obvious with Shady Hills ? Just curious.

Old 04-07-2013, 05:57 AM

4,224 posts, read 5,667,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygurl200761 View Post
Moon lake is not as bad as it seems... I have lived in Moon Lake most of my life and I have never had any problems... If you keep to yourself and you stay out of trouble you are fine... The people who are on the news and always in trouble are trouble makers... As far as drugs thats a different story... There are many drugs there in Moon Lake that people do... Cops won't even go in Moon Lake by themselves because of it's history... As long as you stay out of trouble and don't hang out with the wrong peopleyou are fine... I've never had a problem with anyone in Moon Lake but like I said I grew up in Moon Lake and I have alot of family out there as well as alot of friends... If anyone were to move out to Moon Lake I would at least advise you don't just walk up to someones house that you don't know because alot of us...as we call moonlakers... Don't take to random people knocking and are armed... We shoot first and ask questions later but Moon Lake really isn't as bad as everyone thinks it is... I'm an insider of Moon Lake and I've lived there to know what goes on...
Cue the banjo music...

Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
What's wrong apart from the obvious with Shady Hills ? Just curious.
Just read the paper or crime reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay