U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:43 PM

205 posts, read 249,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
I agree with you...the only people that benefit from huge sprawl is the developer's bottom line and companies like Camden.
I was not advocating sprawl at all. I was advocating densification. Sprawling further will not do very much for this city. If Tampa intends to survive long-term as a city, it needs to condense now so when gas prices hit the roof people can actually live here.

Areas like Westchase do not need to be densified, but areas near business districts sure do.

Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM

315 posts, read 552,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampagator89 View Post
I was not advocating sprawl at all. I was advocating densification. Sprawling further will not do very much for this city. If Tampa intends to survive long-term as a city, it needs to condense now so when gas prices hit the roof people can actually live here.

Areas like Westchase do not need to be densified, but areas near business districts sure do.
thats why I said "I agree".

Anyway, if you live in Westchase, especially near Linebaugh and Countryway Aves you can already see the types of people roaming around over there...

Then its like ok, Ill just move to Waterchase, but Im sure some huge corporation will pay some Hills Co commissioner to develop out there next. Sad what Florida is turning into really.

Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,439,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampagator89 View Post
Just how is the city going to improve itself if it can't draw new business owners here (i.e. growth).
Nothing you are saying makes sense.

1. Why does the city have to improve itself? It is a good city as is.
2. Why can't the city improve itself internally? Why do you think the people of Tampa are such losers that they can't improve anything? You're wrong about them.
3. You're pretending that there is no risk in growth, only reward. Growth can make a city WORSE and it often does.

Quote:
And whether growth is good or bad to you it's going to happen whether you like it or not
Wrong.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:23 PM

205 posts, read 249,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
Nothing you are saying makes sense.

1. Why does the city have to improve itself? It is a good city as is.
2. Why can't the city improve itself internally? Why do you think the people of Tampa are such losers that they can't improve anything? You're wrong about them.
3. You're pretending that there is no risk in growth, only reward. Growth can make a city WORSE and it often does.
1) This is a difference in opinion that I cannot argue with you. If you are happy with it, then fine. But no one place stays the same for years on end. Tampa will change in some manner, and it is inevitable.
2) So every business in Tampa is going to have a sign outside that says "Only hiring Tampa natives"? I mean, if so then that's impractical. Unless you are thinking Tampa can attain heaps of money with zero business growth, in which case I'd like to see examples of what you mean.
3) Okay dude, I never said that. Look back. I said there is good and bad growth. You are the one saying all growth is bad, which is ironic, because the Tampa you say is "perfect" today would never even be here if the area didn't grow in the first place!

Maybe I just don't understand what you mean. You can't possibly believe all growth is bad. You are a product of growth when you were born. You were a product of Tampa's growth when you moved here (or were born here).

Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Anyway, if you live in Westchase, especially near Linebaugh and Countryway Aves you can already see the types of people roaming around over there...
anyone from the area WILL attest to this. Petty theft calls have increased 4fold since May according to HCSO.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 AM

7,136 posts, read 11,018,976 times
Quote:
anyone from the area WILL attest to this. Petty theft calls have increased 4fold since May according to HCSO.
I hate to hear this and fear it's only the beginning.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:49 AM

50 posts, read 145,198 times
This thread is so funny. It is actually cheaper to own a home in Westchase than to rent those pricy Camden apartments in Westchase. I think the people who live in those apartments should actually be the ones worried about the homeowners. lol

Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicycouture View Post
This thread is so funny. It is actually cheaper to own a home in Westchase than to rent those pricy Camden apartments in Westchase. I think the people who live in those apartments should actually be the ones worried about the homeowners. lol

let me guess; you dont have the credit to buy a house, but buy Juicycorture products and drive an SUV all on credit cards? Makes sense

Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,439,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicycouture View Post
This thread is so funny. It is actually cheaper to own a home in Westchase than to rent those pricy Camden apartments in Westchase.
The thread would be less funny if you had actually read it. It was clearly stated that the concern is not with the apartments right now, but down the road as they age and rent goes down.

That said, Awesomee makes an excellent point that sometimes even an expensive apartment is more likely to attract irresponsible parents than a cheaper home due to the credit issue, as well as the concept of long term financial planning which seems to bore some sectors of society.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 AM

2,719 posts, read 4,404,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
The thread would be less funny if you had actually read it. It was clearly stated that the concern is not with the apartments right now, but down the road as they age and rent goes down.

That said, Awesomee makes an excellent point that sometimes even an expensive apartment is more likely to attract irresponsible parents than a cheaper home due to the credit issue, as well as the concept of long term financial planning which seems to bore some sectors of society.
Home ownership could also bring people who are "about to be irresposible", if they can't pay their house for what ever reason and foreclosed and become those irresponsible "renters."

Have you seen how many short sales are in westchase over 300K as we write?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay