Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampagator89 View Post
Thing is, the more this is starting to happen, the farther out they're building new, "fresh" suburbs...as the old ones turn to **** the construction starts going up in Pasco County. If we don't watch out in 20 years the entirety of Hillsborough county (except for maybe South Tampa) will be undesirable and everyone well-off will be living two hours up and down the interstate. It's kind of already happened in Atlanta and it's starting to happen here. That's why densification is important...it either attracts the more well-off back to the core of the city or it densifies all of the petty criminals and thugs and removes them from the suburbs (also allows the cops to step up patrols on a more concentrated area).
Dont compare Tampa to Atlanta. Atlanta always had a large number of undesirables and ghetto. Going back to the 1800's. Those people were already there, and they always had to live somewhere. They "filled in" urban areas which drove whites out to what is now the suburbs. To some degree I have heard the opposite is happening in parts of ATL now. Developers have been buying up former industrial sites and building condos on them, and young, single (key) people are buying them. THe things is, they are completely surrounded by hood. And ATL hood is worse than Tampa hood. People will be "white flighting" back to the suburbs as soon as the woman gets knocked up, because you cant raise kids in places like that.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
Dont compare Tampa to Atlanta. Atlanta always had a large number of undesirables and ghetto. Going back to the 1800's. Those people were already there, and they always had to live somewhere. They "filled in" urban areas which drove whites out to what is now the suburbs. To some degree I have heard the opposite is happening in parts of ATL now. Developers have been buying up former industrial sites and building condos on them, and young, single (key) people are buying them. THe things is, they are completely surrounded by hood. And ATL hood is worse than Tampa hood. People will be "white flighting" back to the suburbs as soon as the woman gets knocked up, because you cant raise kids in places like that.
Who were the "undesirables" in the 1800's? Lepers? Bank Robbers? Jesus man, dont they have neo-nazi, white hate boards for those types of postings.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Who were the "undesirables" in the 1800's? Lepers? Bank Robbers?
People who rape, rob, pillage, deal drugs. Same as now.

Quote:
Jesus man, dont they have neo-nazi, white hate boards for those types of postings.
I dont appreciate that. White people do crime too. You will see me criticize pinellas park and holliday too which is a bunch of white trash criminals/wanna be thugs

Old 09-03-2012, 10:03 AM

315 posts, read 652,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post

Fact is, most downtowns offer little to anyone, especially families, unless your primary goal in life is getting drunk and chasing tail
you say that like its a bad thing lol

Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM

Tampa has seen this first hand, where 10 years ago you had nice Middle to Upper Middle Class suburbs all across Hillsborough, now there are only a few left. Westchase being one of them. Is it a sign of the times? Maybe...but I can assure you that the way they develop in this area (and most of Florida for that matter) is to plop a Section 8 apartment in the middle of Upper Middle class neighborhoods, because of the "desire" to rent in those areas. It's all about making money to these people; not creating a tight knit community. What the hell do the developers care? They don't live here!! I can name at least 6 or 7 complexes where in the last 15 years, I have experienced first hand this type of degradation.

As for "undesirables", why would you want to bust your ass all of your life to get out of a bad part of town, only to allow it to follow you. When most of the people on here speak of "undesirables" we are usually referring to the ones that loiter at 1AM on street corners, steal, break into cars, vandalize etc.... And lets face it, I'm not a politician so I will say this is the type of behavior you tend to see with families that live in apartment complexes.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
you say that like its a bad thing lol
Nothing wrong with that when you are in your 20's, but damn, grow up. Once you plop out a kid, those days should be behind you. At that point, living in one of those overpriced, "trendy" downtown condos becomes a detriment.

You are really limited as to who you can sell that to...

Old 09-04-2012, 11:34 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
HE-HE- if the people don't wake up and see reality- ghetto will be us all- In 1929 the US understood what misery was- be careful- do not look down on anyone, they might be the one who might teach you how to survive.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
HE-HE- if the people don't wake up and see reality- ghetto will be us all- In 1929 the US understood what misery was- be careful- do not look down on anyone, they might be the one who might teach you how to survive.
"Whoever said money is the root of all evil doesnt have any"

Last edited by Sunscape; 09-17-2012 at 04:49 AM..

Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM

239 posts, read 671,340 times
Technically these apartments are not "IN" Westchase. I always see real estate agents and businesses trying to take advantage by saying they are IN Westchase when they are NOT. I believe West Park Village Apartments and Lexington Park are the only apartment complexes that are technically within the Westchase proper boundary lines. The other major Westchase "area" complexes lie just outside the boundaries or in Oldsmar, Town 'N Country or Citrus Park.

Now, this doesn't really mean much for the sake of any of the positions above given the proximaty but I did want to point out that I dont think these apartmetns are actually IN Westchase. I think the Westchase HOA/CDD should be more careful about how their name is used but not sure how they could do that.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The difference betwee 1929 and today was:
1. the unemployed and "dont want to work" crowd did not have the safety net of welfare/food stamps
2. people actually wanted to work
3. the "dont want to work crowd" would starve to death
4. having a bunch of kids from god knows how many fathers was not an issue
5. people didnt have kids to get more money back on their taxes or more free money from the government
6. the police did not tolerate the kind of crime and behavior a certain demographic seem to display on a daily basis today
7. there was no such thing as unemployment payments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay