Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,297,748 times

Advertisements

They are "trying to survive" by shooting others?

East of Florida and all of Nebraska is where all the news channels pack up to get they "shootings" fix they'll repeat a million times a day! Give me a break! IF there were any ppl there that were "hard working" they wouldn't be in the news so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Jerry Springer's country there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
You are saying there isn't a single hard working family east of Florida Ave? I dont know if you ever lived in a bad area, but the great majority of residents are good people trying to survive.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,317,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
They are "trying to survive" by shooting others?

East of Florida and all of Nebraska is where all the news channels pack up to get they "shootings" fix they'll repeat a million times a day! Give me a break! IF there were any ppl there that were "hard working" they wouldn't be in the news so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's Jerry Springer's country there!
Exactly... there is no excuse for the lifestyle "East of Florida"

Every big town has a ghetto.

Ask yourself, why is that?

Then ask yourself, why is it the same people in the ghettos in every big city?

They dont care, they dont try to improve themselves. As long as the welfare and section 8 keeps coming and they can rob, rape, deal and use, they will continue to do their thing.

I stand by my statement

Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,317,453 times
Quote:
its more unfortunate that those children bear the brunt of the consequences for their parent's actions.
Yes, all 12 of them. What's the excuse for that? Cant afford condoms?

Ever notice that the people with the most kids are also the ones who cant afford to put food on the plates? (without my tax money)

Old 09-01-2012, 11:54 AM

385 posts, read 1,112,487 times
I can see that segregation and racism are still alive in Tampa.

I found that when I was looking for homes (I ended up moving in to a lovely home just east of Flordia) that the South Seminole Heights neighborhood did not seem to thave an ethnic majority, and had black and white people living as neighborhors. Which is not something I'm used to seeing. I've noticed the same thing for hispanic neighborhoods off of Dale Mabry and and in West Tampa. A few very diverse working class neighorhoods here. So some parts of Tampa are less "segregated" than in other cities I've lived in. Other areas such as East Tampa or Sulphur spring (or South Tampa or New Tampa) are going to have one racial majority.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,006,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvidae View Post
I can see that segregation and racism are still alive in Tampa.

I found that when I was looking for homes (I ended up moving in to a lovely home just east of Flordia) that the South Seminole Heights neighborhood did not seem to thave an ethnic majority, and had black and white people living as neighborhors. Which is not something I'm used to seeing. I've noticed the same thing for hispanic neighborhoods off of Dale Mabry and and in West Tampa. A few very diverse working class neighorhoods here. So some parts of Tampa are less "segregated" than in other cities I've lived in. Other areas such as East Tampa or Sulphur spring (or South Tampa or New Tampa) are going to have one racial majority.
I would say very much alive, as witness by the kkk rally quality postings I seen here and more importantly by the lack of replies.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:44 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,892,341 times
Poverty is The reason why people have the mentality that they have that is just common knowledge. Just like when i was in school the few black people that had money they were always better off even when they got out of school they were better of. I don't want to seem like im making excuses or anything but its hard being a poor kid growing up trying to get a high class education. When there isn't a single positive thing going around you. Yes there are the lucky few that make it out but for the vast majority of these poverty stricken people they don't. They get tired of living the poor life and result to selling drugs, steeling, and government checks. This is not technically there fault most people that are brought up in a nice middle class family that does not have to worry about paying there bills the kids that have these kind of lifestyles have positive stuff all around them therefore in the long run they generally perform better, and end up going to college to live good life's. This also not there fault as we see back in the day black were limited to places they could go, shop ,live, and etc. Almost 1 hundred percent of the time black had a sub-par life as oppose to whites therefore they pass that not used to having something mentality on to there kids, and for the majority of blacks it is a never ending poverty cycle, and for all of the ignorant bigots out there. You think that all they do is spend up there government checks as soon as they get them. Trust me if you were used to having nothing and you got some free money you would do they same thing.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 PM

149 posts, read 197,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Poverty is The reason why people have the mentality that they have that is just common knowledge. Just like when i was in school the few black people that had money they were always better off even when they got out of school they were better of. I don't want to seem like im making excuses or anything but its hard being a poor kid growing up trying to get a high class education. When there isn't a single positive thing going around you. Yes there are the lucky few that make it out but for the vast majority of these poverty stricken people they don't. They get tired of living the poor life and result to selling drugs, steeling, and government checks. This is not technically there fault most people that are brought up in a nice middle class family that does not have to worry about paying there bills the kids that have these kind of lifestyles have positive stuff all around them therefore in the long run they generally perform better, and end up going to college to live good life's. This also not there fault as we see back in the day black were limited to places they could go, shop ,live, and etc. Almost 1 hundred percent of the time black had a sub-par life as oppose to whites therefore they pass that not used to having something mentality on to there kids, and for the majority of blacks it is a never ending poverty cycle, and for all of the ignorant bigots out there. You think that all they do is spend up there government checks as soon as they get them. Trust me if you were used to having nothing and you got some free money you would do they same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
I mean and you don't want to say that america was better of during segregation, but look at black communities during segregation. In black communities everything was better all the stores and everything was black owned and black money stayed inside of black communities most of the crime was mostly due to racist white people.It seems to me that black people had a better quality of living even though they were really just as poor as they are now.
WOW!

I mean WOW!

What I've found in life is usually the ones screaming racism are the one's who are racist. They just don't realize it.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,006,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2MA2NC View Post
WOW!

I mean WOW!

What I've found in life is usually the ones screaming racism are the one's who are racist. They just don't realize it.
While I do not necessarily agree with those postings, how do they get a "wow" from you. I mean that gets a wow while a couple of postings back, someone said ghettos in big cities are populated by exclusively by black people, and black people are genetically inclined to be poor, violent, rob, rape, deal, use, not to mention dont care about their kids or what kind of education they get.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:37 PM

149 posts, read 197,087 times
Quote:
While I do not necessarily agree with those postings, how do they get a "wow" from you. I mean that gets a wow while a couple of postings back, someone said ghettos in big cities are populated by exclusively by black people, and black people are genetically inclined to be poor, violent, rob, rape, deal, use, not to mention dont care about their kids or what kind of education they get.
I don't read every post in every thread. I didn't see that one but now that you pointed it out I can wow that one too. I find it amazing people think the way they do. It's easy enough to look at the statistics and demographics of high crime areas. It's another thing to take the time to look deeper into the reasons why some things are the way they are. It's even also another thing to realize racism goes beyond the boundaries set by race baiting professionals.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:38 PM

17 posts, read 105,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
Tampa is very segregated, as are all big cities.

You will see when you get here.

I grew up in a part of the country that had virtually no minorities at all. Most everything I learned about racial relations, I learned growing up on the TV. I always assumed that all these people were kind, gentle, sweet and weren't racist at all.

I had to move to a much more culturally diverse area after I grew up to understand that everything I had thought growing up was a lie. There are racists everywhere, of every color and hate is hate and sometimes it is directed at you for no reason, even if your white.

The end result of all this is that people tend to naturally self segregate, I think mostly cause it's just more comfortable for them socially. And there's nothing wrong with it either IMO.
Are you serious?
Tampa is NOT a big city in any way first of all its a big town, it will never be a big city because the locals and natives are so close minded to change, growth and anything new, its 2012 but in tampa it feels like the 80s.
Big cities, real ones, are not very segregated, they are known for being big melting pots = NYC, LA, MIA, SD, SF... I mean have you visited the Miami area? Little to no segregation, everyone, latin, black, white, asian, native american, indian are mixed together.

To answer the OP if you want to avoid racism, go to SE FL, not tampa, the tampa area actually has a lot of racists and "whites were better, why are rich immigrants coming here and living better than us!" mindsets, mostly from the senior citizens and Q-tips who grew up in a completely different time and era, most of the senior citizens from the cashiers at Publix to the ones attending church and claiming to be God fearing people are racist bigots its actually just kind of sad really you would think that at 75-80 years old, making these people grandmothers and grandfathers, they would be open minded, calm, and happy/content but they're not they're very grouchy and unhappy about CHANGE. I'm going to guess a lot of them didn't vote for Obama simply because he is part black. This does not apply to all of the senior citizens in the tampa bay area, but there are quite a lot and most of them seem to be this way with a few exceptions.

The people I've met in Fort Lauderdale however were extremely laid back, open minded and to put it simply they were completely indifferent. People in the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area don't care if you are white, black, asian, seminole-native american or a mix of all races they just don't care, it's a huge area with over 6 million people and there is too much to do and see to waste any time on racism, by far the miami metropolitan area is the most developed in the state both physically and mentally, I prefer it to anywhere else in the state of FL, as do most people. So tampa = racist? Yes. But is it a big, fat problem? No. People are not burning crosses in peoples' lawns or anything in tampa, and the young people in the tampa area teens-late 30s are alright its mostly the Q-tips that have a problem with color/race because that's just the mentality they grew up with and they didn't develop/grow beyond that as people while growing up and never opened their minds to change, but that's their problem, not yours. Keep in mind that other peoples' insecurities, hatred, and/or ignorance is never your problem it is theirs, people who intentionally lash out against others for whatever reason are never truly happy.
Remember "people are only mean when they are threatened and that's what our culture does" -Tuesdays with Morrie
Love always wins
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay