Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 08:28 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but the girlfriend and I met a friend up in Ybor and I decided that it was time that I showcase some of Ybor's nightlife. It was a bit crowded, so it was hard to set up my camera in a lot of places. Here's some footage I did get. Might have to look out for all of those gangs running the streets though.

https://youtu.be/wxnTYDPiHuk
Nice post. Just not enough to dispel the myths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 05:31 AM

745 posts, read 800,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Nice post. Just not enough to dispel the myths.
That guy goes out of his way to try to prove that crappy parts of town are nice, and that crime really does not exist, it's all made up...

Old 07-20-2015, 12:59 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
That guy goes out of his way to try to prove that crappy parts of town are nice, and that crime really does not exist, it's all made up...
You ever get that video that shows off the "real" Seminole Heights? I'm eagerly awaiting to see a video that doesn't cherry pick certain areas.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:03 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,119,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Crime is everywhere you find people. Crappy parts of town exist but if you dont live there whats the difference?

I'm not out to prove anything just to keep the Negative Nellie's honest.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:05 PM

135 posts, read 138,530 times
Quote:
I realize this is an old thread, but the girlfriend and I met a friend up in Ybor and I decided that it was time that I showcase some of Ybor's nightlife. It was a bit crowded, so it was hard to set up my camera in a lot of places. Here's some footage I did get. Might have to look out for all of those gangs running the streets though.

https://youtu.be/wxnTYDPiHuk
Maybe someone can help me here but what exactly do a few poorly-placed camera angles of Centro Ybor, a street corner, and a shirtless dude playing guitar have to do with the topic at hand? If you're trying to prove that Ybor City is a safe, family-friendly destination with amateur videography, you have a long way to go.

Just... wow.

I could set up similar shots in Southeast DC at Waterside Mall, which is a hell hole. What would that prove?

Old 07-20-2015, 01:18 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Well, besides being a $hitty area of town, Ybor is a matter of personal taste too...
There is not enough money in the world to convince me to go down there...Not enough.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
You ever get that video that shows off the "real" Seminole Heights? I'm eagerly awaiting to see a video that doesn't cherry pick certain areas.
I've got better things to do than argue with some internet keyboard commando...

Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
Maybe someone can help me here but what exactly do a few poorly-placed camera angles of Centro Ybor, a street corner, and a shirtless dude playing guitar have to do with the topic at hand? If you're trying to prove that Ybor City is a safe, family-friendly destination with amateur videography, you have a long way to go.

Just... wow.

I could set up similar shots in Southeast DC at Waterside Mall, which is a hell hole. What would that prove?
Exactly, and apparently he has a relative that lives in the ghetto, but was never robbed... so there's no crime there

Old 08-01-2015, 03:07 PM

20 posts, read 30,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Well, besides being a $hitty area of town, Ybor is a matter of personal taste too...
There is not enough money in the world to convince me to go down there...Not enough.
The food was the only thing the wife and I went for...The night life was for a totally different life style and not for me...

Old 08-01-2015, 09:42 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,010,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefslapaho View Post
The food was the only thing the wife and I went for...The night life was for a totally different life style and not for me...
The lifestyle not being for you and it being a gang-ridden, dilapidated wasteland are two very different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay