Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 11:37 AM

152 posts, read 478,182 times

Advertisements

We are looking for a family-friendly apartment complex with amenities (like playground, gym, etc). We have a young toddler and two cats. Our budget is up to 2500 per month. Preferably, we would like to be close to Pasadena and within a 25 min commute (that is where we will be working). We like to be close to commerce and restaurants as well.

Appreciate any recommendations you can provide. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 04:09 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,654,214 times
I don't mean to be stupid, but where is Pasadena? Is that in Tampa or St. Pete?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:29 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,598,364 times
Annaegel it's Southwest St Pete near Gulfport. All I know in the area.is the PYGCC.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM

I tried to go back and make edits to my post but I guess I can't. I should probably have just said St. Pete -- basically we are looking for apartment complexes near St. Pete.

Thanks everyone.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanne0626 View Post
We are looking for a family-friendly apartment complex with amenities (like playground, gym, etc). We have a young toddler and two cats. Our budget is up to 2500 per month. Preferably, we would like to be close to Pasadena and within a 25 min commute (that is where we will be working). We like to be close to commerce and restaurants as well.

Appreciate any recommendations you can provide. Thanks!
Thanks for the title fix!

So, no one has any suggestions??

Old 10-22-2012, 01:55 PM

Does anyone have any feedback on Tortuga Pointe, Sugar Mill Creek, or Isles of Gateway apartment complexes?

Old 10-22-2012, 05:37 PM

323 posts, read 684,623 times
You might look at Seaside Villas in Gulfport. That's where we live currently and are only leaving because we work in Clearwater and are buying a home up that way. With your budget, you could easily afford the complex. I believe 2 bedroom units would run you anywhere from $1,100-$2,000 depending on if you want to be on the water or not. We rent a 1 bedroom on the water and ours is on the lower end of that range. There is no playground on site but there is one at the recreation center next door, and downtown Gulfport is very nice...lots of little shops and restaurants, as well as Friday/Saturday markets/Art Fairs. There's 3 pools in the complex and all of the units on the water have washers and dryers. The other two buildings do not, but there is a laundry facility in the middle building. The apartment complex is updated on the inside and they're solid block, really keeps most noise out. There's not a ton of kids or younger families here, but there are a lot of snowbirds and Stetson law kids...it's definitely not a shady neighborhood. Oh, and it's pet friendly. 2 animals per unit is ok with them and I know our neighbors had 3 at one point, so it's a very pet-friendly place. We did rent in the middle building for a month or so before we could get into our unit, and it was significantly louder being so close to the street and having a pool in the middle of the building. I'd recommend waterfront if you can swing it, I like it a lot better.

Last edited by druthb00; 10-22-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by druthb00 View Post
You might look at Seaside Villas in Gulfport. That's where we live currently and are only leaving because we work in Clearwater and are buying a home up that way. With your budget, you could easily afford the complex. I believe 2 bedroom units would run you anywhere from $1,100-$2,000 depending on if you want to be on the water or not. We rent a 1 bedroom on the water and ours is on the lower end of that range. There is no playground on site but there is one at the recreation center next door, and downtown Gulfport is very nice...lots of little shops and restaurants, as well as Friday/Saturday markets/Art Fairs. There's 3 pools in the complex and all of the units on the water have washers and dryers. The other two buildings do not, but there is a laundry facility in the middle building. The apartment complex is updated on the inside and they're solid block, really keeps most noise out. There's not a ton of kids or younger families here, but there are a lot of snowbirds and Stetson law kids...it's definitely not a shady neighborhood. Oh, and it's pet friendly. 2 animals per unit is ok with them and I know our neighbors had 3 at one point, so it's a very pet-friendly place. We did rent in the middle building for a month or so before we could get into our unit, and it was significantly louder being so close to the street and having a pool in the middle of the building. I'd recommend waterfront if you can swing it, I like it a lot better.
Thank you so much for your response! This place looks great but I guess I should have mentioned we need 3 bedrooms, oops. It did lead me to find Avondale by the Lakes though. Again thanks for the thoughtful feedback!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay