Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM

8 posts, read 14,497 times

Advertisements

We currently live on the east coast of Florida in Brevard County and are looking to relocate our family to the Tampa Bay area .... We are lost as to where to look though ????? We would like to be within 30-40 mins of the city possibly in a safe, family oriented suburb with good public schools! (elementary) .... We are looking for a 3/2 rental within the price range of $1000-$1200 hopefully ..... We plan on visiting this weekend and would appreciate any area mentions that might work for us ..... Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,295,988 times
Carrollwood, Brandon, Citrus Park, Odessa, Land O Lakes...etc...

Take the Dale Mabry exit off 275, and go north until you get to SR-54. All over to the right and left there are nice places to live that could fit your description. I did not mention Lutz because the good side of Lutz costs a LOT more than $1200/mo.

OR, Take the exist for 75 SOUTH, and then exit at Brandon, Riverview, Lithia even...and there are more suburbs there as well that could fit your budget.

OR, Take the exit for 75 NORTH, and then Take the exit for Bruce B Downs, and then drive north until you get to SR-56/Rooms to go/Wiregrass mall, all over that area (=New Tampa/Wesley Chapel) you may also find what you're looking for.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 AM

28 posts, read 49,438 times
I also am considering relocating from Brevard county to Hillsborough county. I am semi-retired, and on a fixed income. I am 56, divorcee, caucasion looking into employment options. Please provide me your kind opinion. I relocated here from NY to care for my mother, unfortunately she passed away and find Brevard county limited with employment options.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 AM

Default Brevard County employment vs Hillsborough County

Please provide your kind opinions...Thanks

Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,461,827 times
I Echo what Aglia posted regarding the locations.

Also in the area of New Tampa (specifically off of Cross Creek) there are NUMEROUS very nice townhomes in this area. Most with 3 bedroom will run close to the 1200 range. It is a really nice area, close to many things including one of the main arteries of Bruce B Downs (traffic gets thick) that will take you to I-75 or down to the city.

Suggest looking at hotpads.com for a general idea of what is available. Caution, this site does not update as often as it should. So some of the places that you see are no longer available.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:37 AM

73 posts, read 194,453 times
Brevard County is a dead zone. And after the Space Shuttle collapse, everything went to hell. If you can sustain yourself in Vero Beach, then I would move there. Jupiter even better. Next I would go to Naples or Sarasota. Tampa/St.Pete - big city with big city traffic and stress. have you thought about the Florida Keys?

Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM

I am shocked over the way Brevard county has deteriorated with strong jobs that pay well. I used to live in Brevard county when my family move here in 1974 from New York.. fast forward I relocated back to NY and when my dad died I moved back here to care for my mother. Now she has passed, and trying to get a job is so overwhelming. I'm semi-retired, and am tired of employers telling me I am overqualified. 2013 has to bring me better options and am seeking out Hillsborough County.. Citrus Park,, I detest fast paced like Orlando and have been told Citrus Park is nice, but the commute to the city would not be my best choice.. any thoughts?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
Wesley Chapel, Westchase, or Brandon would be my suggestions. I also agree that you might check out Sarasota.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 AM

Your suggested towns are they for employment options and/or good residential area?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:31 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
Check out Palm Harbor, Oldsmar and East Lake in northern Pinellas County. Less traffic and a slightly better unemployment rate than Hillsborough County. Also there's far less college students scrambling for jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay