Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 08:32 AM

6 posts, read 17,206 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband and I are looking to move to Tampa sometime within the next year.

I've found a lot of really awesome apartments (I love the 1 bedrooms with lofts) but almost all of them have negative reviews about cockroaches or cars getting broken into or noise. I'm a light sleeper so I NEED something quiet. I tend to go a little crazy if something or someone is keeping me up at night- so excessive noise is a dealbreaker. I'm also a bit of a neat freak so roaches would be a definite dealbreaker. Safety is essential as well.

We don't have kids yet (except our two dogs) and don't plan to until we know where we want to be long term, so schools aren't an issue. We're hoping to rent in Tampa for a year or two and see if we like it enough to buy a house for the long term.

Budget will probably be 1400 or under. We have two dogs, one is tiny at 14 pounds. The other is 49 pounds. Neither are a typical "restricted breed".

We're looking for something clean and safe and quiet with a beautiful atmosphere. Tampa proper, or any of the surrounding area is fine.

Let me know if you've got any suggestions. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,319,465 times
Spend a few minutes browsing apartment reviews all over the place, not just in the area you like. After a while you will notice that all apartment complexes have many bad reviews. It's pretty obvious that they are fake, just competitors negging each other. Unfortunately, nobody has found a solution to this problem and so the review sites just aren't very useful.

Tampa has tons of apartments. It would help if you first determined where you want to be. Some of the most luxurious ones are on Harbour Island and in the Westshore Business District near the airport.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times
[quote=roadtrip75;27217766] After a while you will notice that all apartment complexes have many bad reviews. It's pretty obvious that they are fake, just competitors negging each other.quote]

I'm sure this is true at times, but boy, I wish I would have heeded the bad reviews written where I moved.. They were dead on correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay