Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
All of you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. It's not bad drivers that are out there. I'm an exceptionally good driver, therefore all of them are not as skilled as I am... it's not their fault I am so incredibly talented on the road.

In all seriousness... I no longer let traffic or idiots on the road get to me. I'm patient merging into traffic and if nobody lets me in, I get my bumper in there and guess what... I get in. Sure, the person behind me may start turning red and letting me know I am #1 with their middle finger while honking to be sure that I see that they think I'm so terrific... I just wave. In fact, I wave to the person behind me every time I merge into traffic. I also let people in, without telling them they are #1.

When having to brake suddenly I always look in my review mirror to see if someone is going to rear end me. Sometimes the look of panic on their faces are humorous and make my day. You can tell if the driver behind you is almost as as skilled as I am if they begin to head to to the shoulder so they don't hit you.

Tailgaters? Well, honestly, I am usually one of the faster people on the road so I don't experience much tail gating. I also keep a safe distance (2 second rule) from the car in front of me. I do not weave in and out of traffic because that requires you to take your eyes off the road for a second to check the next lane and it's really not worth the stress or additional risk to beat the next guy to the looming red light.

I have a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a dwarf bunny at my house. When I get home, it is literaaly a zoo. My 45 minute commute each way is the only time I get any real alone time. I sure as heck am not going to allow 1.5 hours each day be stressful for me when I can be in my own little zen world while driving. I listen to Bubba in the morning, laughing, and Cowhead on the way home, playing Sporcle with them. I may get an audio book soon for my driving pleasure.

You have the right idea. Good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Just yesterday returning from TPA airport I just nicely got on the 275 north when the traffic came to a standstill due to an SUV up on it's side on an overpass. Now you've got people trying to enter an inching line of traffic from the right merge lane with NO ONE allowing them in.
Was that anytime around 6:00pm? I had to pick someone up at the airport then and ran into that. I saw it all backed up as I was coming in from 60, so I decided to exit the airport up Veterans and ran into it there as well. It was a freaking parking lot everywhere, with NO ONE allowing anyone to change lanes to get to their exit.

I didn't know if that was regular rush hour traffic or some accident, as it messed up so many roads. I really don't like driving in Tampa itself for this exact reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay