U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM

25,905 posts, read 39,205,212 times

Advertisements

Deputies: Hernando realtor inappropriately touched teen girl

BROOKSVILLE --
The outgoing president of the Hernando County Association of Realtors was arrested after deputies said he inappropriately touched a teenage girl.

Gary Lee Budek, 50, is facing three counts of lewd and lascivious behavior in connection with the incidents, which investigators say happened at Prudential Tropical Realty on Mariner Boulevard between June and October of this year.

According to the arrest affidavit, the teenage girl was doing school work in the office and helping out the other employees when Budek touched her on three separate occasions.

Budek is accused of licking sugar from the girl's face, then tried to kiss her by putting his tongue in her mouth. Investigators also said he rubbed the girl's neck, then slid his hands down her shirt and touched her bare chest.

Deputies set up a phone call between the girl and Budek, during which he apologized for groping her and said it would not happen again, investigators said.

click on the link to read more...

-----------------------------

Very disturbing but I'm happy to see that his license is placed as inactive immediately

Hopefully his license will be revoked!

Last edited by Sunscape; 12-27-2012 at 01:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM

1,725 posts, read 2,998,210 times
Seriously, What the heck is wrong with people?? He's not only done in his profession, this jerk is going to JAIL!! Things like this make you start to lose faith in humanity.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Seriously, What the heck is wrong with people?? He's not only done in his profession, this jerk is going to JAIL!! Things like this make you start to lose faith in humanity.
I can show you more mugshots from realtors... and probably other professionals from which you don't expect or never hope to hear about the crimes they commit.

My neighbor is a handyman and visits peoples homes and used to be in communication and drove a busines car full of cables and stuff...so for years that sex offender was going into peoples homes on behalf of the company he represented and now he is self employed and going into peoples homes.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM

3,926 posts, read 10,319,610 times
Disturbing is right. How sad he violated that young lady but good for her for turning him in. Will lewd and lascivious behavior put him on the Offenders List? I certainly hope so.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:24 PM

3 counts should do it...I was very happy to see his company no longer has his license active with them and hope no other company will allow him to hang his license...

Lack of judgment is what the Broker/president of the Board called it...I mean the man himself...what a weak defense and I wonder how many times has he done this before or what is on his computer...probably not that many homes but something else.

I'm glad she reported him, because it must have been hard to go to the authorities and convince someone that this story is true.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 AM

8,488 posts, read 17,955,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I can show you more mugshots from realtors... and probably other professionals from which you don't expect or never hope to hear about the crimes they commit.

My neighbor is a handyman and visits peoples homes and used to be in communication and drove a busines car full of cables and stuff...so for years that sex offender was going into peoples homes on behalf of the company he represented and now he is self employed and going into peoples homes.
People in EVERY profession commit crimes, it has nothing to do with the profession it has to do with the individual. Priests, Rabbis and Imams commit crimes.

It seems you are more worried about deriding the professions instead of the individuals.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,788,524 times
Apparently there isn't much to do in Hernando county after all!!!! (if this guy was so desperate!)
Unreal!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
People in EVERY profession commit crimes, it has nothing to do with the profession it has to do with the individual. Priests, Rabbis and Imams commit crimes.

It seems you are more worried about deriding the professions instead of the individuals.
No it makes me sick that any one will do something like this but yes I might be more upset if a professional does it since my first realtor in th USA was a convicted felon...and I had to find out myself and nothign was done until I send letters to the broker.

I became a RE broker/owner so if I'm harsh on professionals than it is because I think it is very bad for people to do anything illegal while they are looked at by customers in a way that they shold be able to trust them. Therrefore in my opinion they should be punished harder.

Same count for priest, rabbi's, imams! People should be able to trust them!

Old 12-29-2012, 07:12 AM

20,277 posts, read 12,147,548 times
yes said it all along- lots of crime behind the gated communities, thing is because of money it can be covered up better. BRAVE young lady for coming forth,,, BRAVE- God bless her and hope she can put incident behind her. Let's not be naive, evil has no boundaries, watch your kids and talk to the elder children to try to avoid these types of crimes againts children. Despicable ughh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay