Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM

892 posts, read 1,568,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I don't remember now who it was, but as a Tampa lover I do have to take exception to the person who said coastal california is not a climatic paradise. Have you ever actually lived there? Or spent any time there? The weather is perfection. Warm days, cool nights, dry. There is a reason why it's so overpopulated, and perfect weather is it.

Average Los Angeles high temp in January: 68, average low, 46
Average Los Angeles high temp in August: 76, average low, 65

Sounds pretty perfect to me.

I have to agree.....it's pretty darn nice there- especially if you like to "dress" a bit....Go out to dinner in Florida- shorts, flip flops, t shirts, tank tops- that's the norm. I once saw a dude leaning over a salad bar in a tank top.....armpit hair all up in the croutons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent a couple of 3+ month temporary duty trips in SoCal when I was in the Air Force....the weather was outstanding.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its paradise...
this one

Old 01-06-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Good article. I honestly can't imagine why anyone would want to live anywhere else.
this one too

Old 01-06-2013, 10:50 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,948,171 times
do we know what types of people are moving here? thats the biggest question in regards to the future of florida. The problem has never been a lack of people moving here its been that more educated, successful, talented people leave here than move here. We get tons of retirees, random transients, uneducated or undereducated people looking to start over, people on the run, care free party types and those trying to escape an area they cant afford but florida still does not attract the nations brightest people who would be capable of creating a sustainable economic environment which continually attracts these types of people into the future. more people will just mean more of the same unless florida starts attracting much larger numbers of younger, intelligent, successful people committed to building businesses here and not just having a tax shelter residence.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
[i]
You went from a desert to the sub tropics. Didnt you study basic geography in elementary school where they discussed climates and regions? You're right, most folks don't mow their lawn at 2 p.m. in August. Adjust to the climate. People have been doing that for eons. Nobody is going to argue against your point that it is hot and humid in most of FL in the summer months. It is a fact of life and always has been.

I don't see anyone begging anyone to move to Florida here. Fairy tales? Like what? The only fairy tales I see here are the "facts and figures" from the opposing side. Otherwise, yes, you can talk about your community, etc.

I only see two people in this entire thread and perhaps a total of about 6 in the entire FL forum who have this need to voice their dislike of their location. What Ive NEVER seen is one of these moaners actually do something about their situation.

What is your excuse?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,024,514 times
Why do you insist that FL must become some type of "magic kingdom"?

Florida is and always will be what it is. Take it or leave it.

It sounds to me like you are wanting to create a Nirvana when such a place doesn't exist in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
do we know what types of people are moving here? thats the biggest question in regards to the future of florida. The problem has never been a lack of people moving here its been that more educated, successful, talented people leave here than move here. We get tons of retirees, random transients, uneducated or undereducated people looking to start over, people on the run, care free party types and those trying to escape an area they cant afford but florida still does not attract the nations brightest people who would be capable of creating a sustainable economic environment which continually attracts these types of people into the future. more people will just mean more of the same unless florida starts attracting much larger numbers of younger, intelligent, successful people committed to building businesses here and not just having a tax shelter residence.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
Great post.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,833,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
Its funny that you people say "different strokes for different folks" yet claim your stroke is "paradise" while noone else is.
No, you are wrong there. That is what you are misunderstanding.

We that love the area and what it has to offer say it is paradise for "US". We are not saying it "will" be paradise for anyone else. If you don't like the things we do, then obviously it won't be paradise for you.

"You" on the other hand refuse to believe anyone in Tampa Bay actually likes it here. "You" on the other hand keep telling everyone "not" to believe what we say we like about Tampa Bay.

See the difference? "We" talk about what we like for "us". You just choose to spew negatives and call us all liars.

When you post the way you do, people stop believing "you".

Now if you posted that warm weather and humidity is not for "you" and that you feel you can do better in "your" career in NY so you are moving, then that would be a good post. But when you post that everyone here is lying about liking it here and that no one on earth can enjoy warmth and humidity....well, you sound like a bitter person who has a major chip on his/her shoulder.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
I don't remember now who it was, but as a Tampa lover I do have to take exception to the person who said coastal california is not a climatic paradise. Have you ever actually lived there? Or spent any time there? The weather is perfection. Warm days, cool nights, dry. There is a reason why it's so overpopulated, and perfect weather is it.

Average Los Angeles high temp in January: 68, average low, 46
Average Los Angeles high temp in August: 76, average low, 65

Sounds pretty perfect to me.
I am sure that is perfect for some, but not for "me". I enjoy heat 80 - 95 and humidity.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Can I throw this out there. If Florida weather is considered so perfect, then why isn't the filming industry based here like it is in Southern California? The early pioneers of motion picture were Jews from New York. The could have come down here to set up their studios. It would have been a closer drive, and I'm sure land was cheap here in the 1920's.

Edit: I answered my own question. Read the last sentense of the first paragraph:
Hollywood - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Again, it is perfect for "some", not for all.

Is this really that hard of a concept to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay