Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 04:13 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,163,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Why are you discussing California and NY?

Lol. think he means nyc.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM

158 posts, read 438,819 times
The heat does not bother me at all. I loved the climate we had in El Paso (low humidity though so it really was awesome) and absolutely detest the cold. It is cold here now, but definitely more mild than it would be if I were home in my native Indiana. I cannot wait to get to FL next week and soak up that heat and humidity. Bring on the love bugs and palmetto bugs! I'll trade them for these damn stink bugs and enormous mutant crickets any day.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:39 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bree~ View Post
The heat does not bother me at all. I loved the climate we had in El Paso (low humidity though so it really was awesome) and absolutely detest the cold. It is cold here now, but definitely more mild than it would be if I were home in my native Indiana. I cannot wait to get to FL next week and soak up that heat and humidity. Bring on the love bugs and palmetto bugs! I'll trade them for these damn stink bugs and enormous mutant crickets any day.
What are you talking about? We have no heat and humidity now. Ok, humidity. I just used my fire place yesterday . I still have some logs, I need this thing to continue. Don't wish us heat please.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 PM

158 posts, read 438,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
What are you talking about? We have no heat and humidity now. Ok, humidity. I just used my fire place yesterday . I still have some logs, I need this thing to continue. Don't wish us heat please.
I was talking about the "9 months out of the year" thrown out here earlier.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Nine months out of the year you're stuck in the house with the windows and doors slammed shut, curtains closed, A/C roaring, & running around killing all kinds of insects/bugs.

Yep, that's paradise.
Wow. That's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. Who the heck sits inside for 9 months? If you're doing that, you really need to get out of here.

Is Florida hot and humid? For two or three months out of the year, yes. But that isn't a big deal at all. I love the heat and tolerate the humidity. And does the heat and humidity keep me and my family from enjoying living here? Absolutely not! We have a pool we love to swim in. We go to the beach. We kayak on several of Florida's incredible 72 degree spring-fed rivers. Our home is surrounded by beautiful oak trees, so it stays pretty cool even when it's 90 out. And if you spray properly for insects, you shouldn't have to run around killing them.

And from October until July, the weather here is near perfect! I put in a few years up north shoveling snow and scraping ice from my windshield all winter long. I hated not seeing the sun for days on end … those long, gray winter days were killers. NO WAY would I ever want to go back to that again!

I get so tired of people complaining about living here. Just MOVE AWAY if it's so bad.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:28 PM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Wow. That's probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. Who the heck sits inside for 9 months? If you're doing that, you really need to get out of here.

Is Florida hot and humid? For two or three months out of the year, yes. But that isn't a big deal at all. I love the heat and tolerate the humidity. And does the heat and humidity keep me and my family from enjoying living here? Absolutely not! We have a pool we love to swim in. We go to the beach. We kayak on several of Florida's incredible 72 degree spring-fed rivers. Our home is surrounded by beautiful oak trees, so it stays pretty cool even when it's 90 out. And if you spray properly for insects, you shouldn't have to run around killing them.

And from October until July, the weather here is near perfect! I put in a few years up north shoveling snow and scraping ice from my windshield all winter long. I hated not seeing the sun for days on end … those long, gray winter days were killers. NO WAY would I ever want to go back to that again!

I get so tired of people complaining about living here. Just MOVE AWAY if it's so bad.

Ok......I can't resist any longer.

Florida is hot and humid for WAAAYYYY longer than 2 or 3 months out of the year. Seriously.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post

Florida is hot and humid for WAAAYYYY longer than 2 or 3 months out of the year. Seriously.
God I hope so.

The last place we lived would have most summer days over 90 and many near or over 100. Tampa Bay is actually cooler than the last place we lived, which was north of here.

Once you have spent decades in the cold, grey, crappy interior of Massachusetts, you will never complain about heat and humidity again. You will embrace it.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:38 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,799,335 times
Quote:

Seriously is right! According to this info, it only hits the 90's three months out of the year:

Average Weather for Tampa, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

The rest of the time you'll find highs in the 70's and 80's.

I guess it also depends on where you live. I'm very close to the water … a five minute walk is all it takes to put me at the edge of the Bay. We have a lot of nice sea breezes that keeps temps down.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 PM

892 posts, read 1,576,492 times
I also live right near the water.....and work outside 5-6 days per week for the last 13+ years.

88-89 is not 90.....but it might as well be.

May, June, July, August, September, October, and many years November all have very high humidity.....

The " reverse west wind flow" is happening more frequently and for longer durations than ever before...

The Gulf water temp used to get up to about 88 degrees in the summer........it has routinely reached 91-93 degrees repeatedly throughout the last decade. The "reverse west wind flow" skyrockets the already high humidity to extremely uncomfortable levels.

Since arriving in Florida in 1987......I have experienced many 80+ degree Thanksgivings with prevailing Southeast, South, or Southwest (the worst) winds.....and have had to crank the A/C down to lower the temp and humidity in the house.

I don't want to argue.......

I'm just saying- even the most die hard Florida lover on these forums would have a hard time making a case for Florida "only being hot and humid for 2 or 3 months"......

Hell......the Washington DC to Boston corridore has 2+ months of "hot and humid" weather every summer.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
I also live right near the water.....and work outside 5-6 days per week for the last 13+ years.

88-89 is not 90.....but it might as well be.

May, June, July, August, September, October, and many years November all have very high humidity.....

The " reverse west wind flow" is happening more frequently and for longer durations than ever before...

The Gulf water temp used to get up to about 88 degrees in the summer........it has routinely reached 91-93 degrees repeatedly throughout the last decade. The "reverse west wind flow" skyrockets the already high humidity to extremely uncomfortable levels.

Since arriving in Florida in 1987......I have experienced many 80+ degree Thanksgivings with prevailing Southeast, South, or Southwest (the worst) winds.....and have had to crank the A/C down to lower the temp and humidity in the house.

I don't want to argue.......

I'm just saying- even the most die hard Florida lover on these forums would have a hard time making a case for Florida "only being hot and humid for 2 or 3 months"......

Hell......the Washington DC to Boston corridore has 2+ months of "hot and humid" weather every summer.
For me, it's only intolerably hot and humid about 3 months of the year. Yes, I too live two blocks from the bay and have nice breezes to keep things more comfortable. For me, only July through September is really bad, the rest of the year is pretty darn nice. These things are subjective. If you hate the heat you should move up north. My sister did. She doesn't like heat so she lives in Wisconsin, a place I would NEVER live if you gave me a nice house there. Beautiful state, but it is winter there 8 months of the year LOL.

I love Florida, to me it is truly a climatic paradise. No place is perfect,. not even coastal California - there you have cold, clammy fog, wildfires, winter gloom etc. It's not perfect there everyday, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay