Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times

Advertisements

We have talked about the individual thing you like most about Tampa Bay. Most of us have things we like and don't like about places. So my question for the people that absolutely love Tampa Bay, is what makes it paradise for "you"? The total package.

Here is how Tampa Bay qualifies as paradise for "me":

While no place on earth is perfect, I have to say that Tampa Bay offers the best combination of things for "me", than any place I have ever been to. I have been to many, many places and lived in several.

Tampa Bay offers me the climate I love. I absolutely love warmth and humidity.

Tampa Bay offers me tons of things to do related to nature. So many parks, paths, events.

Tampa Bay offers me many options for working. Luckily my field of expertise is in demand here.

Tampa Bay is where some of my family is.

Tampa Bay has some great golf courses.

Tampa Bay is a huge sports area.

Tampa Bay has diverse dining options. All parts of the world are represented here.

Tampa Bay is relatively wise with tax payers money. Money is not as easily wasted here as other places.

Tampa Bay is known for great fishing. I plan to venture into this activity starting this week.

Tampa Bay beaches are incredible.

Tampa Bay has some wonderful, quaint downtowns. Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, etc.

Tampa Bay has a great mix of people.

Tampa Bay has the style of homes I always wanted.

Tampa Bay has great landscaping. I can grow all kinds of interesting plants here.

Tampa Bay has beautiful Palm Trees.

Tampa Bay has amazing birds.

Tampa Bay has alligators. (Yes, I am into nature big time).

Tampa Bay is the lightning capital of the country. I love thunder storms.

Tampa Bay is in a state with no income taxes.

Tampa Bay has been laid out perfectly. There are conveniences all around. I never have to drive far for anything.

Tampa Bay has great medical facilities.

Tampa Bay has a great news station. WFLA

Tampa Bay has the pace of life I love.

Tampa Bay has some top quality workers. I have been having several things done to my house and everyone has been phenomenal.

Tampa Bay has lots of sunshine. I cannot tolerate the cold/cool grey days of the north.

This is my short list of why Tampa Bay is paradise for "me". There is so little that I take issue with here and so many things that are the way I like them.

I truly hope everyone has the opportunity to live in paradise, wherever that is for them.

Soak up the weather this week. It's supposed to be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 06:13 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Paradise?

No quite.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Paradise?

No quite.
It is for me, hence the thread and my list.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 AM

158 posts, read 438,994 times
I love the amazing beaches, the food, and the weather compared to other places. I prefer hot and humidity doesn't bother me too much unless I am standing in line outside for a long time.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
I am at the northern end of the Tampa Bay area, but I enjoy all the natural beauty of this part of Florida.
I like being close to the Gulf and metro Tampa should the need arise.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 AM

892 posts, read 1,577,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
We have talked about the individual thing you like most about Tampa Bay. Most of us have things we like and don't like about places. So my question for the people that absolutely love Tampa Bay, is what makes it paradise for "you"? The total package.

While no place on earth is perfect, I have to say that Tampa Bay offers the best combination of things for "me", than any place I have ever been to. I have been to many, many places and lived in several.

Tampa Bay offers me tons of things to do related to nature. So many parks, paths, events.

Tampa Bay offers me many options for working. Luckily my field of expertise is in demand here.

Tampa Bay has diverse dining options. All parts of the world are represented here.

Tampa Bay is relatively wise with tax payers money. Money is not as easily wasted here as other places.

Tampa Bay is known for great fishing. I plan to venture into this activity starting this week.

Tampa Bay has some wonderful, quaint downtowns. Safety Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, etc.

Tampa Bay has great landscaping. I can grow all kinds of interesting plants here.

Tampa Bay has been laid out perfectly. There are conveniences all around. I never have to drive far for anything.

Tampa Bay has some top quality workers. I have been having several things done to my house and everyone has been phenomenal.

Tampa Bay has lots of sunshine. I cannot tolerate the cold/cool grey days of the north.

This is my short list of why Tampa Bay is paradise for "me". There is so little that I take issue with here and so many things that are the way I like them.

I truly hope everyone has the opportunity to live in paradise, wherever that is for them.

I never knew a body of water (Tampa Bay) could offer such things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding!.....couldn't resist!

Old 01-07-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I never knew a body of water (Tampa Bay) could offer such things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding!.....couldn't resist!
LOL!

Well, the fishing at least.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:06 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Fishing is great, Beaches on Tampa Bay? Theres that little one alongside hwy 60, used to have a little one over at ballast point and another small one by the St Pete Pier.If you want real beaches you got to go to the western parts of St Pete and the Gulf Beaches.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
I like craft beer.
Tampa Bay has some great craft breweries and some great craft beer bars.
For Tampa beer lovers, brewery taprooms offer pure tasting experience - Tampa Bay Times

Dining Guide: Craft and import beer bars | Dining Guide | Creative Loafing Tampa

The Ale and the Witch

Old 01-07-2013, 08:26 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post

Prius, you pretty much covered most everything that would be on my list, so I won't repeat.

WHY THE TAMPA BAY AREA IS "PARADISE" FOR ME (AND DH):

I was born and raised in Tampa, and have lived all over the "expanded" Tampa Bay area; now in Sarasota as most here know. I have enjoyed each city I have lived, and they have all had their pluses (and minuses, of course! lol!) and it is surprising how diverse each one is. Tampa has the "city" atmosphere, and the river running through and being on Tampa Bay makes it "special" to me, we lived in Dade City northeast of Tampa in the lush green hills with woods and lakes, felt like we were far away but just a skip to the city, really; then we lived in Lakeland, a beautiful little artsy city with a restored vintage downtown, gorgeous parks and so many lakes you almost felt like you were in a coastal city; and lastly here in Sarasota/Bradenton, which is our second time living in this area, and for now at least, it is our favorite. Oh, my, for us it really is paradise.

We don't tolerate ANY cold weather, or constant dreariness, nor do we like desert climes, so we happily take a few months of exceptionally hot and humid weather for the former. I, too, prefer the fauna/flora and the architecture here - I love pastel buildings and modern glass, don't care for dreary brick looks; I love having the water everywhere, palm trees, the beautiful birds, banana and orange trees (orange blossoms are the smell of heaven!)

I'll just say hubby and I have everything we want here (yes, he also has a GREAT job, in Tampa!) and there is really no place we would rather live. And we have been to many states (including California and up north) and hubby grew up in Europe. We have European friends who prefer it here as well.

Let's not talk it up TOO much, though, I don't want it to become "paradise lost" LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay