U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM

20,350 posts, read 16,626,593 times

Advertisements

Its kinda warm up here in Canada as well,although by Florida standards it would be considered cold we are having a problem keeping ice on our outdoor ice rinks, so far this year i;m still running around with nothing more than a hoody for a winter coat..It certainly seems to be getting warmer all over the country winter or summer. You dont suppose.....
http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...975/story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 02:07 AM

6,441 posts, read 2,178,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
I see 83 degrees on my thermometer. I see pollen on my car. I see trees flowering. Is our winter already OVER?
I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpajr View Post
when was winter, last tuesday? that was rough.. i had to put on socks.
Me, too!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 AM

3,599 posts, read 2,570,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by planedition View Post
I see 83 degrees on my thermometer. I see pollen on my car. I see trees flowering. Is our winter already OVER?
It never even started. Once the upper levels change we will get some shots at cooler weather. I told you guys months ago not to expect much a winter this year.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:31 AM

792 posts, read 760,195 times
I hope it's not over.......typically, February is a cold month down here. Like I've said before....the longer I live here- the more I hope and wish for some kind of a "winter" to break things up a bit. Contrary to what some believe, year after year after year of basically endless heat and humidity get old.....it takes a while, but it gets old.....at least for me it has.

It's kinda the same thing you here from people who live up North..."I used to not mind the winter-but as the years go by..I've just become tired of it and tired of dealing with it".

I think it might be different if you move down here after living most of your life up North.....then, you probably think the endless summer (with a few tiny breaks) is the best thing since sliced bread. Even if you do enventually get sick of it....at that point you're most likely to old to re-locate again- I get it.

However, I think...(for me anyway) that being here with (hopefully) many, many years to live has given me more than enough time for the luster of Florida's weather (and the state itself) to wear thin on me.

As someone who's spent 21 of my 35 years on this Earth in Florida..........I definately am hoping for a "winter" this year....and every year I continue to live here.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 AM

10,016 posts, read 9,862,665 times
turned on the AC at home yesterday - can't remember when I turned it off - November?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:12 AM

315 posts, read 291,246 times
you people do realize the milder the winter, the worse the crop season will be right? While im sure its nice for you noobs, for FL natives this is not a good sign.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 AM

1,611 posts, read 1,506,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the awesomee View Post
you people do realize the milder the winter, the worse the crop season will be right? While im sure its nice for you noobs, for FL natives this is not a good sign.
This and if the ocean doesn't cool down, it'll only feed into hurricanes.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 AM

20,350 posts, read 16,626,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
However, I think...(for me anyway) that being here with (hopefully) many, many years to live has given me more than enough time for the luster of Florida's weather (and the state itself) to wear thin on me.

As someone who's spent 21 of my 35 years on this Earth in Florida..........I definitely am hoping for a "winter" this year....and every year I continue to live here.
Sure sounds like my predicament some 40 years ago..I got tired of waiting for Florida to get cooler and instead moved to Canada.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 AM

420 posts, read 428,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I normally don't like cold weather, but I was hoping for a LITTLE more cold than we have gotten so far. Oh well, you never really know what is going to happen. Don't want any freezing, I would be happy with 60s-70s in the day and 40s-50s at night for awhile.
Agreed. A little bit of chilly weather is good. This "winter" has been undesirable.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:19 AM

6,628 posts, read 6,771,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWTechGuy View Post
As a Florida noob, I am confused. I'm just taking it as it comes, since I don't have any expectations.

Today was amazing.
That's what I do each day and I agree, it's been amazing. I guess after living my whole life in a place with rotten weather the majority of the time Florida weather is just a joy to behold. I hope I never lose this sense of wonder and appreciation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay