Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I was "in those shoes" also..........

but back then there was no internet to go on and constantly start new threads about how great "paradise" was......I just enjoyed the "newness" of it and was still discovering new things.

By the time these type of websites were available.......my "sunshine denial" wore off and I started to see what Florida was all about.

This endless "thread starting" and cheerleading is wierd.....it's one thing to post a comment or 2, but to just constantly start new threads about how unbelievable this place is (and how crazy everyone else is to not want to live here) is suspect.
Either extreme is kind of strange, IMO.

For me, I am just a happy person living here in FL, and my personal family circumstances happen to be good right now. Everyone's got a unique situation, and for every question one will get 100 different answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Either extreme is kind of strange, IMO.

For me, I am just a happy person living here in FL, and my personal family circumstances happen to be good right now. Everyone's got a unique situation, and for every question one will get 100 different answers.
Regardless of how anyone feels about anywhere, the only thing in life that matters is that people are happy!

Old 01-15-2013, 12:57 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Regardless of how anyone feels about anywhere, the only thing in life that matters is that people are happy!
I couldn't agree more, TX.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRyan23 View Post
Yep!

I know one thing. If I didn't love where I lived, I would work my butt off to get to where I wanted to be. Oh wait. I did that!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip75 View Post
LOL, are you unaware that most of the retirees in Tampa (and the rest of Florida) moved here from other states?

Most of us already knew that Tampa retirees have a lot of money. We don't need a study to tell us that.
Smack yourself in the head again
This was based on people currently living in each area, not who might move here in the future. What would not having your finances in order and being able to move somewhere have to do with anything.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
Quote:

but back then there was no internet to go on and constantly start new threads about how great "paradise" was......I just enjoyed the "newness" of it and was still discovering new things.

By the time these type of websites were available.......my "sunshine denial" wore off and I started to see what Florida was all about.

This endless "thread starting" and cheerleading is wierd.....it's one thing to post a comment or 2, but to just constantly start new threads about how unbelievable this place is (and how crazy everyone else is to not want to live here) is suspect.
Ya think!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:48 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Quote:

But I guess the constant "thread starting" on how lousy it is to be here is OK? Learn to accept that
not everyone finds FL to be the way you see it. There is a bright side but some never can see it due to their personal circumstances and I feel sorry for those folks.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:03 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
It just seems weird... like one poster here who used to mention Dana Shores in every post!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post

But I guess the constant "thread starting" on how lousy it is to be here is OK? Learn to accept that
not everyone finds FL to be the way you see it. There is a bright side but some never can see it due to their personal circumstances and I feel sorry for those folks.

Ya, I don't get that. Post the less than good stuff and it is okay. Try to provide some balance by posting the good stuff and it's not.

Oh well. Human nature I guess. People are more likely to take the time to voice something they are unhappy about, just like in a restaurant. But in a restaurant, I call the manager over to say how great everything was and how good the service is. But that's just me. To each their own.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:

It IS a little odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: