U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:47 PM

40 posts, read 155,761 times

Advertisements

Any info on either of these neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,674,935 times
there nothing alike. Avila is SUPER expensive even for a small house (by small I mean small in comparison to the 10-20k sqft houses in there.

I wouldnt live in avila even if I had the money just because of all of the rules. If I was paying millions for a house im sure not going to have some rent a cop telling me what I can and cant do to it.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:17 PM

25,877 posts, read 39,135,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPCheers View Post
Any info on either of these neighborhoods?
I guess you never been in either one of the two or neither in both since it is not a comparable!

Avila is fully gated and many homes are considered "mansions".

If you have the money I would choose Avila...otherwise Tampa Palms is also very nice.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
there nothing alike. Avila is SUPER expensive even for a small house (by small I mean small in comparison to the 10-20k sqft houses in there.

I wouldnt live in avila even if I had the money just because of all of the rules. If I was paying millions for a house im sure not going to have some rent a cop telling me what I can and cant do to it.
If I had the money I would like to live there since I would appreciate others to keep up their properties like I would and expected in such a nice community where many "famous" people live and want their privacy.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,737,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If I had the money I would like to live there since I would appreciate others to keep up their properties like I would and expected in such a nice community where many "famous" people live and want their privacy.
Either way, I live in America because I expect a certain level of freedom. If I want to build a shed in my backyard, I shouldn't have to ask someone else or submit paperwork and get approval. Or painting my house, or parking my boat in the back, or whatever crazy rules people abide to in HOA's. The idea of them is just crazy to me. How can you ever feel like you "own" your home and property?

Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Either way, I live in America because I expect a certain level of freedom. If I want to build a shed in my backyard, I shouldn't have to ask someone else or submit paperwork and get approval. Or painting my house, or parking my boat in the back, or whatever crazy rules people abide to in HOA's. The idea of them is just crazy to me. How can you ever feel like you "own" your home and property?
Well than don't buy in a HOA/CDD community..so why complain.

Isn't it great that people are different and there is always a piece of land for sale some where and you can do on it what you want (as long as the County doesn't object), and many others wouldn't want to live there...like me....but you never know how your neighbors will maintain their property and I like it that I know and can expect other to maintain their properties like we do or mostly will do.

That is called "a free country"!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,674,935 times
an HOA is one thing, avila is another. The rent a cops will literally give you speeding tickets in there. Your not aloud to have motorcycles there, everything you do is restricted..

Old 01-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
an HOA is one thing, avila is another. The rent a cops will literally give you speeding tickets in there. Your not aloud to have motorcycles there, everything you do is restricted..
I guess that is for a reason because the majority likes it oherwise it wouldn't happen...but having said that, it is not for everybody and again eevrybody should be glad this is a free country to buy else where...

Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 AM

1,335 posts, read 4,375,430 times
Avila is the most exclusive gated community in the tampa area. Many pro athletes and other quasi celebs live in there.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM

5,453 posts, read 7,776,865 times
Quote:
You can get speeding tickets in Cheval too.....We had a cop parked in front of our house pulling people over right and left from not fully stopping at a stop sign!

Avila is expensive, and I wouldn't live there either......Tampa Palms is more "normal"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay