U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM
 
Location: New Orleans, LA
1,585 posts, read 1,911,930 times
Reputation: 1143

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo384 View Post
is this a joke? It's all the same, give or take 1 or 2 degrees. Please.
The low tonight is 5 degrees colder in Tampa than in St. Pete, btw.

Last edited by things and stuff; 01-17-2013 at 09:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2013, 07:23 AM
 
Location: Treasure Island Fl
662 posts, read 939,111 times
Reputation: 842
Temps actually vary more than you think.
Pinellas has 3 hardiness zones. 9b, 10a, and 10b.
Here's the map. http://www.plantrealflorida.org/imag..._map_large.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 07:32 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, LA
1,585 posts, read 1,911,930 times
Reputation: 1143
What a wild curve on those 9 and 10a zones, around St. Pete.

Then again, according to the kind posters on this forum, that map must have been made by idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
3,378 posts, read 7,877,016 times
Reputation: 2926
Really depends on where in Pinellas or Hillsborough you are. Pretty simple rule to follow. The more inland and the more north you are.... the colder it gets.

If you are using the difference in temps as a criteria on which part of town you are going to move to... I suggest picking based on other criteria instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
 
Location: New Orleans, LA
1,585 posts, read 1,911,930 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post

If you are using the difference in temps as a criteria on which part of town you are going to move to... I suggest picking based on other criteria instead.
What is the deal with Tampa posters always flaming?

Yes, if a question is asked about any detail, it *must* be the primary criteria being used in the relocation choice.

Great display of logic and nuance in the age-old art of small-talk. :roll eyes:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Myrtle Beach
3,378 posts, read 7,877,016 times
Reputation: 2926
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
What is the deal with Tampa posters always flaming?

Yes, if a question is asked about any detail, it *must* be the primary criteria being used in the relocation choice.

Great display of logic and nuance in the age-old art of small-talk. :roll eyes:

Nope wasn't flaming... also didn't say that it MUST be your main criteria. Just said that if it was.... anyhow. I also provided a general overlook on which areas are warmer in winter.

One thing that may also be of interest to you is that it seems sunnier in Southern Pinellas County than it does in the Tampa area. Since moving from Pinellas to Hillsborough my wife has made this comment many times. It does seem that the sea breeze from the gulf does a great job of pushing the clouds inland during the afternoon in summer.... especially right over my house in Carrollwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM
 
15,130 posts, read 31,049,261 times
Reputation: 18255
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Nope wasn't flaming... also didn't say that it MUST be your main criteria. Just said that if it was.... anyhow. I also provided a general overlook on which areas are warmer in winter.

One thing that may also be of interest to you is that it seems sunnier in Southern Pinellas County than it does in the Tampa area. Since moving from Pinellas to Hillsborough my wife has made this comment many times. It does seem that the sea breeze from the gulf does a great job of pushing the clouds inland during the afternoon in summer.... especially right over my house in Carrollwood.
That is true, FK. Coastal areas are always sunnier. The sea breezes do push those clouds inland. I am soooo happy living so close to the coast! I am a real sun person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,793,188 times
Reputation: 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That is true, FK. Coastal areas are always sunnier. The sea breezes do push those clouds inland. I am soooo happy living so close to the coast! I am a real sun person.
How close do you need to be to be sunnier. We are 3-3.5 miles inland, as the crow flies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
 
15,130 posts, read 31,049,261 times
Reputation: 18255
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
How close do you need to be to be sunnier. We are 3-3.5 miles inland, as the crow flies.
That should be close enough. It depends though, I am two blocks from the coast so it is sunny for me a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
 
Location: North of South, South of North
8,706 posts, read 8,793,188 times
Reputation: 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
That should be close enough. It depends though, I am two blocks from the coast so it is sunny for me a lot!
I notice it gets decidedly foggier near the Oldsmar/Clearwater line on some days. Bay effect I guess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top