U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,988,964 times

Advertisements

congratulations! I for one enjoy reading your posts and hope you continue to post when you have time. GREAT NEWS FOR SURE!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM

119 posts, read 177,239 times
Thank you. Yes, I am listening and am doing my research. I have been in contact with a Major in the Pinellas County Sherriffs office about the crime areas, have been looking at real estate sites to see how the neighborhoods look and have been down there a couple of times looking around. I intend to come down a few more times before the actual move. If I don't like what I find, I will look elsewhere. That being said, there is alot of negativity from folks. I am wondering why those people still live there. I liked GA when I moved here, now I don't. Guess what? I am moving from here. I am a single mother, not "wealthy" but still moving. Its pretty simple. The lifestyle I am looking for seems to fit in perfectly with St. Pete. I don't want to buy a house. It will be just me in a too soon year and one-half. Apartment living sounds ideal. No taxes, no high homeowners ins. and if a hurricane comes, I will pack up my pictures and my animals and drive north til its over. Simple, easy, beach bum living. Sounds perfect to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Your exactly right there. It is always nice to read positive posts. Nobody wants to believe there will be negative things where they are moving to. Theres always going to be positive and negative aspects no matter where you move to. Do yourself a big favor and dont just totally disregard some of the opinions here just because they seem negative. I really wish i had found this forum before i made the move down. It sure would have saved me a lot of grief. I dont know if i would have wanted to believe that there was anything negative about Florida at that time anyway. I was bound and determained to move down no matter what . Take what you read here with a grain of salt. Theres a awful lot of good information here but there's also a lot of BS. This is the internet. Try to get your information from people who have actually lived there a while. Good Luck with your move.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM

8,706 posts, read 8,780,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
congratulations! I for one enjoy reading your posts and hope you continue to post when you have time. GREAT NEWS FOR SURE!
Why thank you very much. That was very kind of you.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlsmom2 View Post
Thank you! I most certainly will! I feel the same about folks voicing their opinion on bad service and never upon getting good service, which is why I make it a point to speak to the manager when service has been "above and beyond" the norm. I think its important to share a pat on the back.

Have a great night!
You sound like a real nice person and a great mom. You will be welcomed asset to the area.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM

119 posts, read 177,239 times
Thank you so much! I always try to be both lol. I will holler after my next visit down so we can go over some of the questions I am sure I will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
You sound like a real nice person and a great mom. You will be welcomed asset to the area.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlsmom2 View Post
Thank you so much! I always try to be both lol. I will holler after my next visit down so we can go over some of the questions I am sure I will have.
It will be my pleasure.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:44 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,479,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
It will be my pleasure.
Theres a thread in the Florida Forum that was started by Sunny Days in Florida a couple years ago titled Success Stories of those who have been successful in moving to Florida. It definatly sounds like you have been very successful. I would think your imput in that thread would be a great help to anyone interested in a move to Florida. It sounds like you did everything right. Im sure your information would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Theres a thread in the Florida Forum that was started by Sunny Days in Florida a couple years ago titled Success Stories of those who have been successful in moving to Florida. It definatly sounds like you have been very successful. I would think your imput in that thread would be a great help to anyone interested in a move to Florida. It sounds like you did everything right. Im sure your information would be very helpful and much appreciated.
I will look for that. Thx. I don't know about doing everything right in the relo, but we did do our homework. Having family in the area, knowing our likes and dislikes, also helped. Also not having been our first moved helped. We were not rookies to the move thing......Which my body is reminding me of. I will check out the thread and see if I can add my experiences.

I really do appreciate the idea. Please have a wonderful night.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM

158 posts, read 385,818 times
Congratulations! Very cool and if you need a helper, well I am only a note away LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 AM

670 posts, read 1,065,252 times
Congratulations! I too have had great experiences with my career here in Tampa and can honestly say that my salary has doubled from what I made in the DC area. Who would have ever thought that was possible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or