U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:00 AM
 
5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times
Reputation: 2141

Advertisements

Can you please spend some time and take a look through your kids backpacks BEFORE sending them to school??? Some kid brought a gun to school this morning....I mean really? if we don't get psychos, we get accidents? and people wonder why we need gun laws...this is why, because people are not RESPONSIBLE.

Do parents not check backpacks anymore? Do these kids belong to no one? Do you pack lunch? check their folders for grades?

Please parent your kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,289,700 times
Reputation: 1835
I will say something just because I want to say it, I am not trying to offend anyone... But some parents these days don't care about their kids... what they wear, what they eat for lunch, what is on their minds... So, no, these parents are not checking their kids backpacks... These parents were not smart enough to HIDE their guns and you wondering why they are not checking their kid's backpacks???

IMO some people not supposed to have kids at all... period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM
 
5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
I will say something just because I want to say it, I am not trying to offend anyone... But some parents these days don't care about their kids... what they wear, what they eat for lunch, what is on their minds... So, no, these parents are not checking their kids backpacks... These parents were not smart enough to HIDE their guns and you wondering why they are not checking their kid's backpacks???

IMO some people not supposed to have kids at all... period.
Ohh I agree....don't get me started on that...

But I mean, you want to keep your 2nd amendment, but do nothing responsible about your guns? Lack of common sense is what it is and low IQ, VERY VERY low IQ's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
 
Location: tampa bay
6,584 posts, read 6,791,980 times
Reputation: 9833
This is what happens when morons are allowed to breed! Just the fact that the parents had a gun that their child could get their hands on speaks volumes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM
 
Location: N.H Gods Country
2,359 posts, read 4,477,948 times
Reputation: 1973
Who said that he brought the gun from home. As a kid i had stuff stashed all over the place that i didnt dare to bring in the house. Its pretty easy to stash stuff outside year round down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM
 
5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Who said that he brought the gun from home. As a kid i had stuff stashed all over the place that i didnt dare to bring in the house. Its pretty easy to stash stuff outside year round down there.
This is an "elementary school"! You're telling me there's an epidemic of child neglect at elementary level now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM
 
76 posts, read 95,926 times
Reputation: 63
Every teacher should have a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 04:31 PM
 
5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbdweller View Post
Every teacher should have a gun.
Absolutely NOT. They are there to teach English, Math etc, not participate in more violence.
Grow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM
 
76 posts, read 95,926 times
Reputation: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Absolutely NOT. They are there to teach English, Math etc, not participate in more violence.
Grow up.
Times change, jobs change. All teachers should be trained marksmen to stop school violence.

"taking the guns away" or putting silly limits on firearms isnt going to stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 06:04 PM
 
5,453 posts, read 7,754,034 times
Reputation: 2141
Quote:
Originally Posted by burbdweller View Post
Times change, jobs change. All teachers should be trained marksmen to stop school violence.

"taking the guns away" or putting silly limits on firearms isnt going to stop it.
"Your" opinion. I fully disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top