Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:05 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times

Advertisements

Most of the lake front property in Carrollwood has been developed around, but there are still places where you can squeeze in at Carroll Lake, White Trout Lake, Lake Ellen, and Lake Magdalene. Kelly's right, too. Lake Park just west of North Dale Mabry and South of Van Dyke is a really nice and well maintained public park. There are walking & running clubs that meet there regularly. When we go to the lake, I prefer Lake Tarpon in Tarpon Springs. It's around 20 minutes from Carrollwood (the back way via Tarpon Springs Road).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 12:09 AM

35 posts, read 391,776 times
So, is Carrollwood a community or an actual town, city? Thanks is advance...
Charlene

Old 05-13-2008, 06:19 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,276,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlc318 View Post
So, is Carrollwood a community or an actual town, city? Thanks is advance...
Charlene
carrollwood is considered Tampa and is in Hillsborough county. But when talking to a tampa person you wouldn't say I live in the Tampa area you would say Carrollwood. I guess we have made towns within the city. ....Carrollwood, new tampa, temple terrace, Lutz, the college area, downtown,etc are all Hillsborough county.

Carrollwood is a slower pace then USF Tampa area but its also very congested during winter time(snowbirds). But it is in a nice neutral spot ...less than 30 from surrounding areas.

I'm with KAren ...Lake Tarpon is awesome. ....even better is the ocean.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:35 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Sorry to disagree, but I never found snowbirds to be an issue in Carrollwood. There may be some, but nothing like in Pinellas county.

There is a lot of traffic on Dale Mabry the main drag, but get off of DM and it is quiet and peaceful. I like the area because it has TREES, unlike a lot of New Tampa and Wesley Chapel.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Sorry to disagree, but I never found snowbirds to be an issue in Carrollwood. There may be some, but nothing like in Pinellas county.

There is a lot of traffic on Dale Mabry the main drag, but get off of DM and it is quiet and peaceful. I like the area because it has TREES, unlike a lot of New Tampa and Wesley Chapel.
you can disagree I noticed it on the main drag ...trips to the store get longer in the winter. I agree w/ you there ...once you are off Dale Maybry but it seems to be the road to get most places in that area. you are right Pinellas is ten times worse!!!!! ...we avoid pinellas as often as possible.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Off topic snowbird humor

We were pulling into Oldsmar Flea Market early in Nov. The parking lot was almost full and it had just opened. I remarked to my DH 'Looks like the snowbirds are here'
My 7 yo grandson in the back seat 'Look Grannie, here comes 2 more' as he pointed towards the sky.
Looking out of the window sure enough.. There were 2 seagulls.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Off topic snowbird humor

We were pulling into Oldsmar Flea Market early in Nov. The parking lot was almost full and it had just opened. I remarked to my DH 'Looks like the snowbirds are here'
My 7 yo grandson in the back seat 'Look Grannie, here comes 2 more' as he pointed towards the sky.
Looking out of the window sure enough.. There were 2 seagulls.
thats cute!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,784 times
How about crime in Carrollwood??

Old 10-25-2009, 03:47 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,893,838 times
Good joke, Keeper.
Aren't kids awesome?

Old 10-25-2009, 06:42 PM

81 posts, read 134,146 times
2 words: Tilted Kilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay