Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 PM

62 posts, read 86,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-R-B View Post
I have lived here for over 20+ years......I have never seen "winter" come to an end in January or February.

I have experienced brief "warm ups" during these months, but the cold fronts that produce our "winter" are (most years) persistant through late February into early March.

I understand that the "weather data" you provided says that it starts "warming up" during the last week of January.......but that may be fractions of a degree.

My question to anyone who has lived here for more than a couple years..........

Do you consider our "winter season" to be over starting in January/February?????????????????
I have lived here my entire life (50+ and counting), I don't consider winter over until around the last couple weeks of March. Don't forget the no-name March 13th storm of 1993 and the freezing temps.In some years even early April can bring a late cold front into the area. I think the OP was stating that it starts to warm up statistically, not that winter is over at that point. Regarding the other post about the seasons, even though spring is my favorite time of year, I do enjoy the other seasons for what they bring: summer-beach, pool, constant wearing of shorts/flip flops, Fall-first relief from summer temps/ high humidity/dew points, Winter-diffferent wardrobe, crank up the fireplace once in a while. Enjoy whatever nature brings us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Cool!

It's amazing how many people don't really know the averages and weather facts here.

Like January is the average coldest month in Palm Harbor
Average Weather for Palm Harbor, FL - Temperature and Precipitation

And that according to weather.com, January 27th is the first day it starts warming up on average
Daily Averages for Palm Harbor, FL (34682) - weather.com

But according to Accuweather, January 20th is the first day it starts warming up on average
Palm Harbor January Weather 2013 - AccuWeather Forecast for FL 34683

The slight difference may be due to the location they use within Palm Harbor.
Gee whiz, thanks for the info.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:29 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativesonofstpete View Post
I have lived here my entire life (50+ and counting), I don't consider winter over until around the last couple weeks of March. Don't forget the no-name March 13th storm of 1993 and the freezing temps.In some years even early April can bring a late cold front into the area. I think the OP was stating that it starts to warm up statistically, not that winter is over at that point. Regarding the other post about the seasons, even though spring is my favorite time of year, I do enjoy the other seasons for what they bring: summer-beach, pool, constant wearing of shorts/flip flops, Fall-first relief from summer temps/ high humidity/dew points, Winter-diffferent wardrobe, crank up the fireplace once in a while. Enjoy whatever nature brings us.
Correct!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,333,532 times
Nooo!!! I HATE heat! I so need to move up north. 75% of the people who live in Florida were not born here and just don't understand people like me. lol.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:03 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Quote:
I have to correct this for you. I spend all day long outside in summers hotter and just as humid as here in Tampa Bay. I love the heat and humidity. That is what I am looking forward to.

I only hide inside when it is cold out.
Yeah, we all know how much you enjoy 80 degree dewpoints, you've made that quite clear in every other post. In case you're not aware though, you're a minority in that regard. Most of us enjoy the slight cooldown in the winter and are not looking forward to the 8 month long summer as you are. Not all of us have 3% body fat either, some of us have a little meat on our bones. So maybe you could try to excercise just a little tact, and not constantly boast of how you love the hot weather. I can only imagine how much you'll be spamming this forum in the summer. While all us "fat" people are hiding in our AC dwellings you'll constantly be telling us how good it feels outside.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM

184 posts, read 248,559 times
Quote:
I have to correct this for you. I spend all day long outside in summers hotter and just as humid as here in Tampa Bay. I love the heat and humidity. That is what I am looking forward to.

I only hide inside when it is cold out.
I can relate. I love the heat and humidity. My body and sinuses also feel much better when it's humid compared to dry heat, which I don't handle well. Cold weather is even worse. Of course i'm stuck here in Ohio until I move to St. Pete's in August.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 PM

184 posts, read 248,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Yeah, we all know how much you enjoy 80 degree dewpoints, you've made that quite clear in every other post. In case you're not aware though, you're a minority in that regard. Most of us enjoy the slight cooldown in the winter and are not looking forward to the 8 month long summer as you are. Not all of us have 3% body fat either, some of us have a little meat on our bones. So maybe you could try to excercise just a little tact, and not constantly boast of how you love the hot weather. I can only imagine how much you'll be spamming this forum in the summer. While all us "fat" people are hiding in our AC dwellings you'll constantly be telling us how good it feels outside.
I swear, people will complain about everything it seems. So the guy likes heat and humidity, he's allowed to have his opinion and post it in his own thread about the weather. Seems like he has a positive attitude to me, which is a great quality I wish more people had. I didn't see him call anyone fat anywhere, unless I missed it??

Old 01-22-2013, 10:36 PM

745 posts, read 1,582,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbrew View Post
I swear, people will complain about everything it seems. So the guy likes heat and humidity, he's allowed to have his opinion and post it in his own thread about the weather. Seems like he has a positive attitude to me, which is a great quality I wish more people had. I didn't see him call anyone fat anywhere, unless I missed it??

totally agree. And you can add one more to the pile of "heat lovers".

Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
If you're complaining about our cold winter weather down here in Tampa, I think there are several million Americans who'd easily trade places with you. Seven degrees above zero.

Frigid weather to make its first appearance of winter - Chicago Tribune

Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUbrew View Post
You're right, that was this guy:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/27812162-post15.html

Don't eat, and live near the equator, there's the answer to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay