U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-01-2013, 09:23 AM
 
25,890 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Reputation: 13875

Advertisements

In the New river community in Wesley Chapel many homes build in 2005 are getting a warranty covered
new stucco due to some issues with cracks in the stucco.

After reading all the negative things about the KB Homes issues in Riverview/Brandon I wanted to write this to show apprecation for what KB Homes is doing without a lawsuit or long conversations with the warranty department.

Just one call to the warranty department and the permits are pulled and houses are totally repaired!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:20 AM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,312,664 times
Reputation: 1837
Somehow KB managed to fix this issues before, but some fixed homes ended up with the same issue within a year... Besides, it was negotiated between homeowners and KB homes for years now... Not that KB agreed to fix anything from one phone call...

By looking at rotted wood underneath of stucco at some houses in New River earlier this week I was wondering what's going to happen to vacant houses within this community? I mean there are bunch of vacant KB homes out there and one of it was recently listed as Fannie Mae home for almost 200K... and is under contract now. That house never was fixed by KB home, but was painted in and out for better look... (talking about byuing "fake fixed houses with fresh paint"). I really hope people who made an offer looked around at other similar houses and wondered what's going on...

bentlebee
Are you working for KB homes? Reading your posts here dated as far as 5 years back you always were happy with KB home while bunch of people were pissed at this builder. And now this thread... Makes me wonder...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,312,664 times
Reputation: 1837
Oh, and by the way, some homeowners reported improperly installed windows which cause leakage... per KB homes it's too late to report (read - out of warranty), so the only thing they are fixing is stucco...

I know from first hand what it takes to get builder to recognaze their fault. As soon as our settlement will be over, I will post the name of other builders with similar problems...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
 
25,890 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Reputation: 13875
No I don't work for them and actually planned on buying another of thir homes but the market went down and backed out of that because that house was build so badly and I don't see that a person that is positive must be working for that builder, can't a person just be satisfied with te service because they received good service.

It was in Watergrass and even a person like me who is not a handyman or in construction could see that the window was put in wrong and so bad and I wondered at the time how they ever would be able to fix that.

Our experience with them has been good and there are other builders I have the same good experience with and some not.

Pulte is in a lawsuit right now at the Bay at Cypress Creek for similar issues and indeed 1 call to KB homes was all needed and perhaps someone else didn't have that experience but we have.

What and how it will look or be in 1 year is something I can't tell since I don't have a crystal ball to look into, but I believe that positive feedback is deserved when things are done well and everybody may have a different experience.

Nobody in my family is in construction and/or working for any builder or in any way affiliated so no biased over here and in the past I have written about the bad thing that this builder did by referring people to thir preferred lender after denied by the other one they were affiliated with and their advise was the worst ever, almost criminal and certainly unethical....but that is anoter story.

Btw. not all home owners have to be unhappy or have issues with their properties when a HOA decides to sue a builder. I know there are town home owners at the Bay at cypress creek with no issues whatsoever.

I have bought from many builders an one builder most people were happy with was not my experience. But it mostly comes down to who is the construction manager at the time of building and the one in charge for our home with teh KB homes experience was pretty good whle the one we had with Westfield homes was terrible and we never ha so many blue stickers on the wall to point out the issues and even after closing they had to be provided with a certified letter to get to do what they signed at closing to fix within 30 days but after 90 days nobody called or was willing to do anything. Lesson learned and we will NEVER close until all issues are fixed and Westfield homes, now Standard Pacific has a better name than KB Homes but our experience was the opposite...as stated prior in my opinion it comes down to who is in charge of the contractors and following up.

On top of that is that many County inspectors have dropped the ball because the issues with many homes should have been discovered by the County when they inspected the homes before signing off but we have seen recently what happened to roof inspection in Pinellas where an inspector got out of his car, made a circle and drove off signing of on the roof, passing it while never going ont the roof and the roof was not installed up to code!

Last edited by bentlebee; 02-01-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,312,664 times
Reputation: 1837
There are a bunch of builders with similar issues... I just found this thread "YAY to KB Homes" a little weird... Let's say a big THANK YOU to the builder who f up in the first place and decided to "fix" their crappy work 10 years later...

I didn't mean to offend you in any way by the way.

As for the Bay at Cypress Creek owners with no issues... I am wondering if these owners are renting their units or maybe their units sit vacant for few years now. According to their HOA not that many owners have issues, but if you go door by door, every unit has issues. Just drive by to see how buildings are looking...

Check Palm Cove - they have similar issues. Lawsuite with Pulte, but really with Pulte's contractor...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 AM
 
188 posts, read 269,418 times
Reputation: 64
Speaking of builders, have either of you had experience or know or heard of someone who has used Samuelsen Builders? How was the experience? I posted a seperate thread, but didn't get any feedback. We're new to Florida and don't want to have troubles, lawsuits like those you're describing down the road if we choose to use them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 AM
 
25,890 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Reputation: 13875
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngGirl View Post
There are a bunch of builders with similar issues... I just found this thread "YAY to KB Homes" a little weird... Let's say a big THANK YOU to the builder who f up in the first place and decided to "fix" their crappy work 10 years later...

I didn't mean to offend you in any way by the way.

As for the Bay at Cypress Creek owners with no issues... I am wondering if these owners are renting their units or maybe their units sit vacant for few years now. According to their HOA not that many owners have issues, but if you go door by door, every unit has issues. Just drive by to see how buildings are looking...

Check Palm Cove - they have similar issues. Lawsuite with Pulte, but really with Pulte's contractor...
Well it seems that KB homes is starting to cut corners already so my thread was perhaps too positive but lets wait and see what they will do next since we filed a complaint with the head quarters...

I do have renters in my town home at the Bay but we have no cracks, leaks, etc. but we own one in the last building that was build and that was when almost all town homes were sold since the trailer for the builder was at that spot which might be why other buildings were differently build. They did take a sample of many buildings which make them look bad since now there is a nasty patch on some of the exteriors even if there was no issue.

Last edited by bentlebee; 02-05-2013 at 06:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:06 AM
 
25,890 posts, read 39,185,477 times
Reputation: 13875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native2UT View Post
Speaking of builders, have either of you had experience or know or heard of someone who has used Samuelsen Builders? How was the experience? I posted a seperate thread, but didn't get any feedback. We're new to Florida and don't want to have troubles, lawsuits like those you're describing down the road if we choose to use them.
Sorry i have never heard of them...but perhaps they changed their name into this name like Standard Pacific was prior Westfield Homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 09:07 AM
 
3,313 posts, read 4,312,664 times
Reputation: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Well it seems that KB homes is starting to cut corners already so my thread was perhaps too positive but lets wait and see what they will do next since we filed a complaint with the head quarters...

I do have renters in my town home at the Bay but we have no cracks, leaks, etc. but we own one in the last building that was build and that was when almost all town homes were sold since the trailer for the builder was at that spot which might be why other buildings were differently build. They did take a sample of many buildings which make them look bad since now there is a nasty patch on some of the exteriors even if there was no issue.
I know at least few owners at Bay who claimed no damage, but futher investigations brought the same issues to their units. And it looks like more units are effected every year compare to prev. years. Too bad you still have to pay for repair if other buildings even though yours has no issues so far...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM
 
188 posts, read 269,418 times
Reputation: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sorry i have never heard of them...but perhaps they changed their name into this name like Standard Pacific was prior Westfield Homes.
Didn't know that about Standard Pacific. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:05 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top