Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:13 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,668,915 times

Advertisements

Sending good thoughts your way and hope something happens for you soon. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 PM

143 posts, read 241,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Sending good thoughts your way and hope something happens for you soon. Best wishes.
+1

Don't get discouraged if you're not hearing back from places immediately either. I just landed a new job that I applied for on Dec. 5th.... didn't even get the first phone call to set up an initial telephone interview until Jan. 29th and I think I was the only candidate for the position - and I don't start until Apr 22nd. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but it might take some time. Plus side is you may be in the running for a great position you might not even know about, though you might not know about it for another month or so.

Hope it all works out for you,
Ryan

Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,119,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
+1

Don't get discouraged if you're not hearing back from places immediately either. I just landed a new job that I applied for on Dec. 5th.... didn't even get the first phone call to set up an initial telephone interview until Jan. 29th and I think I was the only candidate for the position - and I don't start until Apr 22nd. Sorry if it's not what you want to hear but it might take some time. Plus side is you may be in the running for a great position you might not even know about, though you might not know about it for another month or so.

Hope it all works out for you,
Ryan

Thanks, good way to think about things.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
It's true. It takes time. I just heard back from a company I applied to months ago and REALLY had interest in. I never heard from them and had accepted an offer from another company in the meantime. So much time went by that I just figured I was out of the running. But now they contacted me and they seem to have tremendous interest in me. I already know it pays lower than the job I accepted, but I really like the company, the location and the position. I am going to go through the entire process and see what happens. Like I have said before, top dollar is not my primary motivator.

So just keep applying, follow up and understand that it can take months for them to even get back to you.

Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Take this time off to enjoy that pool and the beautiful weather.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,821,831 times
FloridaKash, I made a new career connection in the last week on Linkedin and just noticed this person's company has an office in Tampa. Not sure if there's anything at the moment for you but figured you could keep checking and if there is, I could set up an introduction if you are on Linkedin.

If you're interested in more, lmk and I can PM you the details.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
You are unfortunately not the only one. I just learned abou someone in our ofice her spouse got laid off for te 2nd time in 8 months.

Very sad and with the sequester and money being given to Egypt that could have spend over here, I think many people will not be very happy with how it is going on right now....

Old 03-27-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
It's true. It takes time. I just heard back from a company I applied to months ago and REALLY had interest in. I never heard from them and had accepted an offer from another company in the meantime. So much time went by that I just figured I was out of the running. But now they contacted me and they seem to have tremendous interest in me. I already know it pays lower than the job I accepted, but I really like the company, the location and the position. I am going to go through the entire process and see what happens. Like I have said before, top dollar is not my primary motivator.

So just keep applying, follow up and understand that it can take months for them to even get back to you.
True, maybe I'll find something to get by on and then something great that I applied for months ago will come along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Take this time off to enjoy that pool and the beautiful weather.
Funny guy. You know it's been freezing! I was unemployed this time last year and was in the pool.. it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
FloridaKash, I made a new career connection in the last week on Linkedin and just noticed this person's company has an office in Tampa. Not sure if there's anything at the moment for you but figured you could keep checking and if there is, I could set up an introduction if you are on Linkedin.

If you're interested in more, lmk and I can PM you the details.
Check your inbox. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
True, maybe I'll find something to get by on and then something great that I applied for months ago will come along.
That can be a good plan. Taking an interim job can buy you the time to get the job you really want.

The company I really really wanted to work for just did a triple interview with me, after just having done an interview with the hiring manager. This came out of nowhere and happened so fast....and this was after not hearing from them for so so long after I applied. They offered me the job. This job pays lower than the job I previously accepted, but I like the company more, the team more, the vision more and the location more....so I am taking it. Money is not my primary motivator.

Stick with it FloridaKash. Work wherever you need to in order to pay the bills, so you can hold out for the right job, with the right company, in the right location.

BTW - If you haven't watched "The Secret", do so as soon as possible. It is a life changer and will help you get to where you want to be.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
That can be a good plan. Taking an interim job can buy you the time to get the job you really want.

The company I really really wanted to work for just did a triple interview with me, after just having done an interview with the hiring manager. This came out of nowhere and happened so fast....and this was after not hearing from them for so so long after I applied. They offered me the job. This job pays lower than the job I previously accepted, but I like the company more, the team more, the vision more and the location more....so I am taking it. Money is not my primary motivator.

Stick with it FloridaKash. Work wherever you need to in order to pay the bills, so you can hold out for the right job, with the right company, in the right location.

BTW - If you haven't watched "The Secret", do so as soon as possible. It is a life changer and will help you get to where you want to be.

I have no idea what you do... but when you give your current company notice... tell them to contact me. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay