Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:47 PM

485 posts, read 1,011,962 times

Advertisements

Tampa Bay's GDP outpaced other large Florida metro areas in 2011 | Tampa Bay Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Cool!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 AM

552 posts, read 720,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriusH8r View Post
Cool!
Why is population growth a good thing to you?

Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHborn View Post
Having lived in a part of a northeast state where there was no influx of people and an exodus of people, I saw the devastation created. Roads left in complete disrepair, vacant and boarded up buildings at a shocking level, a job market so bad in good times that it makes the current Tampa Bay market look like the #1 economy in the world.....and the list goes on and on.

Now having population growth often times means the location is more desirable, usually part of the growth comes from people coming from other parts of the country and world....bringing interesting cultures, food, etc. They also bring new revenue streams, which is obvious in how great the roads are here and the continued infrastructure improvements I see all the time here. It also allows for more entertainment venues, as there are more people to partake.....creating the demand side of supply and demand. It also inspires the rare good politicians, such as the Tampa mayor, to look to the future by improving today.

So there you have just a few reasons why I like the populations growth. Having been on both sides of the spectrum, "I" LOVE how it is going in the Tampa Bay area.

YMMV!

Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,300,717 times
Quote:
Having lived in a part of a northeast state where there was no influx of people and an exodus of people, I saw the devastation created. Roads left in complete disrepair!
So if there was no "influx" of pp where the "exodus" came from?

Once this area will get overpopulated you will see the same devastation happen here too!
This area is not known for having all these ppl move and open new venues. You just moved here, spend years observing first....what did u open?

Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
GDP is gross domestic product

Old 02-23-2013, 08:05 AM

420 posts, read 864,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
Haha you beat me to it. GDP is Gross Domestic Product and is not synonymous with population growth. GDP is an indicator of economic activity; in this case, Tampa has been improving economically better than other areas (which we have observed in other articles). This means that the economy in Tampa is improving and makes no reference to population growth.

Improving GDP with the right type of population growth (i.e. people that will add to the GDP) is a good thing.

NHBorn- get a clue before you start slamming people.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,224,561 times
Good news. Tampa Bay (and Florida) was hit particularly hard by the housing bust. Hope some lessons were learned about putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,567 times
Quote:
Having lived in a part of a northeast state where there was no influx of people and an exodus of people, I saw the devastation created. Roads left in complete disrepair, vacant and boarded up buildings at a shocking level, a job market so bad in good times that it makes the current Tampa Bay market look like the #1 economy in the world.....and the list goes on and on.
You just described where I live, LOL

Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
LOL! That's an excellent point.

Please note that my response was to this particular question, which obviously is not what the OP is about:

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay