Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM

676 posts, read 1,271,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA_to_Waterset_ApolloBch View Post
Thanks PSD. We are really excited to make the move. We don't want to spend another winter up here.

How is your construction going in MiraBay? I remember seeing your posts about your selection. We didn't get to MiraBay during our search. The wife didn't want to be right on the water. I guess Waterset was far enough inland for her.
Construction is scheduled to begin around August 15th. The house should be completed sometime in December. We're really excited too but right now, I am overwhelmed with making all the arrangements necessary to get our house closed and us moved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 05:55 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderSpringsDad View Post
Construction is scheduled to begin around August 15th. The house should be completed sometime in December. We're really excited too but right now, I am overwhelmed with making all the arrangements necessary to get our house closed and us moved.
PSD, did you list and get a contract already on your current home?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
PSD, did you list and get a contract already on your current home?
Funny you should ask. We had planned to list the house this fall. However, the lady who we had selected as our agent, called last week wanting to show our house to a young couple last Tuesday. I said OK but beware that not everything was ready. The couple came with their agent and loved our house. They mad a full price offer and after some fine tuning, we accepted it on Friday.

We have to move by August 26th. I found a rental in out neighborhood through a friend so I am in the process of arranging an estate sale plus the move itself. I'll stay there until our new house closes in December. My wife will move next spring once she retires.

It's all very exciting ans stressful at the same time.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:43 PM

For those who are following my housing saga, the inspection went today. I have been told there are no major issues and the deal is on. The appraiser comes tomorrow and I was told by the buyers' agent that they are on track to get the financing for which they've applied.

Now to firm up our rental accommodations and start packing for the first phase of our move.

I'll meet with Westbay for my pre-construction meeting on August 8th so we'll rockin' and rollin' on that front too. Westbay will break ground on our lot on August 9th.

I may need someone to pinch me. I am very pleased that everything is proceeding so well. I keep wondering what I have forgotten and when it's going to bit me in the behind.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
For those who are following my housing saga, the inspection went today. I have been told there are no major issues and the deal is on. The appraiser comes tomorrow and I was told by the buyers' agent that they are on track to get the financing for which they've applied.

Now to firm up our rental accommodations and start packing for the first phase of our move.

I'll meet with Westbay for my pre-construction meeting on August 8th so we'll rockin' and rollin' on that front too. Westbay will break ground on our lot on August 9th.

I may need someone to pinch me. I am very pleased that everything is proceeding so well. I keep wondering what I have forgotten and when it's going to bit me in the behind.
Great job, PSD! It sounds to me that you are doing all the right things and unlike many people, you are so fortunate that you got a full price offer on the home and that things are moving along. This is great news!

You have a lot on your plate, but better that than no action, right? And don't go wondering when it's going to bite you in the behind, in other words, don't put that out there. All will be well. I look forward to hearing about you cruising around the area in one of your great cars.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Great job, PSD! It sounds to me that you are doing all the right things and unlike many people, you are so fortunate that you got a full price offer on the home and that things are moving along. This is great news!

You have a lot on your plate, but better that than no action, right? And don't go wondering when it's going to bite you in the behind, in other words, don't put that out there. All will be well. I look forward to hearing about you cruising around the area in one of your great cars.
kmarc - appraisal was done yesterday, and, we had a flipper make an offer plus another couple wants a showing. Wow, this is amazing.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:44 AM

26 posts, read 58,404 times
PSD, glad to head that things are moving nicely for you.

Our house just got listed yesterday. Broker open house today and 2 appointments for showings. Open house saturday and sunday. Hoping to have offers in by Monday.

Our place will be ready sometime in October. So trying to figure out when to close up here, what to do with our stuff, where to stay if our house isn't ready yet, how to coordinate an 1,100 mile move, getting all of the inspections/closing done down here and handling relocating 2 of our jobs is just something that I am not looking forward to doing. But at least we have a few months to figure all of that out.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA_to_Waterset_ApolloBch View Post
PSD, glad to head that things are moving nicely for you.

Our house just got listed yesterday. Broker open house today and 2 appointments for showings. Open house saturday and sunday. Hoping to have offers in by Monday.

Our place will be ready sometime in October. So trying to figure out when to close up here, what to do with our stuff, where to stay if our house isn't ready yet, how to coordinate an 1,100 mile move, getting all of the inspections/closing done down here and handling relocating 2 of our jobs is just something that I am not looking forward to doing. But at least we have a few months to figure all of that out.
I hope yours sells as quickly but that you are able to negotiate a closing date that is right before your move to Waterset. I did not want to make all these changes and moving twice was not the plan. But, things worked out this way and you do what you've got to do.

I am sure you'll love Apollo Beach and Waterset. Stay in touch. Maybe we can hook up once I've moved in December.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
kmarc - appraisal was done yesterday, and, we had a flipper make an offer plus another couple wants a showing. Wow, this is amazing.
I feel partially responsible for this.

I know that moving twice is a real hassle, but with the way the market is right now, I'm telling people if they have a home they need to sell, do it now and don't look back. The market must be pretty good where you are, but according to a couple of realtors I know, there's a cyclical dip in the fall in this part of Florida. And in these uncertain times, a bird in the hand and all that, because you never know when things can go south. We sold a home just as the first boom was starting to turn and took the first acceptable offer we got. And even then, we had a couple of potential buyers try to convince us to void the contract and take their deal (for a little more). I stuck with the first one and am glad we did, even though we had to move twice, too. What a hassle that was, but looking back, it was worth it.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I feel partially responsible for this.

I know that moving twice is a real hassle, but with the way the market is right now, I'm telling people if they have a home they need to sell, do it now and don't look back. The market must be pretty good where you are, but according to a couple of realtors I know, there's a cyclical dip in the fall in this part of Florida. And in these uncertain times, a bird in the hand and all that, because you never know when things can go south. We sold a home just as the first boom was starting to turn and took the first acceptable offer we got. And even then, we had a couple of potential buyers try to convince us to void the contract and take their deal (for a little more). I stuck with the first one and am glad we did, even though we had to move twice, too. What a hassle that was, but looking back, it was worth it.
I'm sure I'll be glad too, kmarc, once we're settled in Mirabay. I'd say that people are buying here now because prices are reasonable and money is available. That will change as money becomes more expensive. I'm lucky in that our community is very desirable and there are only a few houses available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay